Do You Have Home / Visiting Teachers?

Do Home / Visiting Teachers - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Aug, 2003 - 2:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Mormon Brothers doing their Home Teaching and Mormon Sisters doing their Visiting Teaching MONTHLY - is it a fantasy or can it really be a reality? Are we being asked too much?
27th Jul, 2003 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

Have you ever had the pleasure of having regular home or visiting teachers? When they come are prayers said? Is a lesson thought? Do you feel close to them? If you do, please tell us about it, if you don't have teachers, do you know who they are? Have you ever approached them?

Sponsored Links:
28th Jul, 2003 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

Teachers Visiting Home You Do

I always had visiting teachers on and off. Now, in my new branch my new visiting teachers are two cool sisters, one is the RS President and the other is a young sister who is very friendly and down to earth. I really hope they visit me every month, I look forward to that visit.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2003 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do You Have Home / Visiting Teachers? Studies Doctrine Mormon

My Home teachers are the EQ President and His son...
Come to think of it they have yet to come to "Home" teach me...
He had me go to his house once and had me stay after services and used a meeting room at church... So I guess that they have been doing their jobs...

Single Brothers don't get visiting teachers though :-(

1st Aug, 2003 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
Come to think of it they have yet to come to "Home" Teach me...

That is sad really. A visit in a Church room cannot justify a visit to one's home where the 'environment' can be felt. Many times I have been to a home and got the true 'feel' for the persons living therein. This helps me know what they really need than have them tell me what they need.

international QUOTE
Single Brothers don't get visiting teachers though

Neither the Married Brothers... So don't worry wink.gif

1st Aug, 2003 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
Come to think of it they have yet to come to "Home" Teach me...
He had me go to his house once and had me stay after services and used a meeting room at church...

Well, he is not really home teaching you then, unless you specifically said you didn't want to receive any visits in your home. But if it's only a matter of convenience then it's not the proper way.

international QUOTE
Single Brothers don't get visiting teachers though

As JB said married brothers do not get visiting teachers either. Only the sisters in the Church (Married and single) get a visit from them.

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2003 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

[quote]Well, he is not really home teaching you then, unless you specifically said you didn't want to receive any visits in your home. But if it's only a matter of convenience then it's not the proper way. [/quote]

It is just easier for them... I would never say they couldn't come here... actually I have told them they can come by any evening they would like...

[quote]  ;) As JB said married brothers do not get visiting teachers either. Only the sisters in the Church (married and single) get a visit from them.   ;D[/quote]

Yeah I knew that, I was just being funny...  ;) the question was do you have a home/visiting teacher and I somehow thought saying I didn't have a visiting teacher was kinda funny...  :-[ Sorry for any confusion...  ;D

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Aug, 2003 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Do You Home / Visiting Teachers

[quote]It is just easier for them... I would never say they couldn't come here... actually I have told them they can come by any evening they would like... [/quote]

Did you try in asking them directly the reason why they don't visit you at your home? wink.gif

Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2003 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do You Home / Visiting Teachers Mormon Doctrine Studies

[quote]Did you try in asking them directly the reason why they don't visit you at your home? [/quote]

No, because when I was being told about how to do home teaching, I was told that it didn't have to be in the home, especially with active members... It could be anytime and any where that you can get some time to do it...

I have been a member about 3 months, been attending the ward for almost 2 years, and only had the two "home" teachings... I am on my second Companion and when they made me a Home teacher I found out because a friend of mine asked me how I liked being a Home Teacher... I didn't even know I was one... I am sure things will get better though once I have been a member longer and understand how things are supposed to work in the Elder's Quorum... ;D

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Do You Have Home / Visiting Teachers?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,