Do You Have Home / Visiting Teachers? - Page 4 of 5

QUOTE (mormonfriend @ 9-Jun 10, 1:17 - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Jun, 2010 - 1:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Mormon Brothers doing their Home Teaching and Mormon Sisters doing their Visiting Teaching MONTHLY - is it a fantasy or can it really be a reality? Are we being asked too much?
4th Aug, 2003 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Do You Have Home / Visiting Teachers? - Page 4

[quote] Just checking - are these the sections you were mentioning...[/quote]
Yes those are the books, they are sections of the bigger books (red and blue) that I talked about earlier.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2003 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Do You Have Home / Visiting Teachers?
A Friend

Teachers Visiting Home You Do

international QUOTE
Yes those are the books, they are sections of the bigger books (red and blue) that I talked about earlier.

Thank you... I have ordered them, along with a few others that looked useful...

I cannot locate the red/blue books though so those must be the ones they don;t just let anyone have a copy of... Guess I will have to wait until I am called into a position that needs them.

Thanks again for all your guys' help.

4th Aug, 2003 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Do You Have Home / Visiting Teachers? Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE
Guess I will have to wait until I am called into a position that needs them...

Yes.

Now let us get back to the topic at hand....

What are some eventful things we can do to encourage our visiting or home teachers to come see us?

My personal favorite is to go up to them when they are in a crowd and say, "Hey, I heard you are my Home Teacher, that is great, when are you coming to see us?"

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2010 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Teachers Visiting Home You Do

I have not experienced home teachers visited me every month. I have been an Elder's Quorum President I think 2 months ago. I have always taught those home teachers to visit their assigned households every month, help them in any ways they can and report their work. But the most thing is they should be their home teachers for 1 or 2 years or more. Because their assigned families would trust them and would have a close relationship with them. Not in my experience that my home teachers just visited me for 2 to4 months and then they're gone. It really doesn't help.

27th Apr, 2010 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Teachers Visiting Home You Do

100% home teaching should be a requirement for a temple recommend in my opinion.

8th Jun, 2010 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (Utah Mormon @ 27-Apr 10, 7:24 PM)
100% home teaching should be a requirement for a temple recommend in my opinion.

Hi brother Utah Mormon. I don't think it may be a good idea. We want to encourage each member to do it because that's what they truly want and feel in their hearts, if is a requirement for a temple recommend we will have people serving just for the purpose of getting a temple recommend, it will be a sad day.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2010 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do You Home / Visiting Teachers - Page 4

Hello Rominal, I guess utah mormon is right, and he really is right that our home or visiting teaching should be 100%. Though we do it awkwarkdly or imperfectly, God counts it as 100% because he judges us to what we desire in our hearts and in our actions. If you say it shouldn't be, then what's the purpose of entering the temple? Entering the temple means you have served the Lord with all your heart, might, mind, and strength, and one of the examples of it is through home teaching. Yes, everything we do like home teaching is just to get a temple recommend, frankly speaking, because it is a conditiion from the Lord if we want to get a temple recommend.

9th Jun, 2010 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Do You Home / Visiting Teachers Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

international QUOTE (mormonfriend @ 9-Jun 10, 1:17 AM)
Though we do it awkwarkdly or imperfectly, God counts it as 100% because he judges us to what we desire in our hearts and in our actions.

The whole problem is the "God counts it as..." I think it was one of the RS leaders who said we should stop thinking what it counts and what isn't...thats not the purpose of HT/VT. Its almost like most members are like robots with no soul you know what am I saying? And we carry a list and we check if we did it or not instead of focusing on the real purpose. Let me give you an example, for the past few months one of my VT sees me in church and asks me how am I doing? Right after she leaves in a rush but just before that she always ask me "Can I report this as a visit? Is it count?" You know I don't get offended anymore you know what am I saying? We all try our best but this program is supposed to makes us more sensitive towards the needs of others, not used as a checklist.

international QUOTE
Yes, everything we do like home teaching is just to get a temple recommend

Thats sad...pathetic is a better word.

Reconcile Edited: SuzieSu on 9th Jun, 2010 - 1:32am

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Do You Have Home / Visiting Teachers?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,