Book of Mormon Names?

Book Mormon Names - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Jul, 2003 - 12:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
6th May, 2003 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

Book of Mormon Names?

This is not an unknown tradition. I have met people named 'Nephi' and 'Lehi', but would you name your children that? What about Moroni or even go brave and add, 'Mormon'. What do you think?

From LDS News:

ORPHANED CHILDREN NAMED FOR STRENGTH OF BOOK OF MORMON CHARACTERS
See https://www.azstarnet.com/star/today/30506C...LISIONFOLO.html

Rachel and Tim Stewart knew they were bringing their sons into a difficult
world. So they gave them powerful names from the Book of Mormon to make
them strong--names with honor and courage. They couldn't have known how
much 22-month-old Teancum and his younger brother, Ammon, will need them.
The children were orphaned by a four-vehicle collision in Arizona on
Sunday. "They were both really good parents," said John Stewart, 25-year-
old Tim's father. "They really loved those two little boys."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th May, 2003 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

Book of Mormon Names?
A Friend

Names Mormon Book

That is not a bad idea, although a lot of the names in the Book of Mormon aren't in common use these days they are nevertheless very creative and alot are very good.
Here is a list of some good ones;

Zoram, Pahoran, Omer, Limhi, Himni, Helamen, Gideon, Coriantumr, Alma, and Abinadi.

7th May, 2003 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Book of Mormon Names? Studies Doctrine Mormon

What a story JB...I always think that names are something very important. My husband wanted to put our son Nephi but I didn't want to...now after reading this story, I would consider naming one of my future children after Book of Mormon names.

31st May, 2003 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Names Mormon Book

I believe I would go with Biblical names for boys and Book of Mormon names for girls. I say that because the Biblical names for boys are common place and easily accepted. I wouldn't want my son growing up having people make fun of his name because it is an unknown. The Book of Mormon names for girls are cool though.

Could you imagine calling your son; Zeezrom? :spock:

31st May, 2003 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Names Mormon Book

Yes JB but there also nice names like Laman, Lemuel and Laban :smile.gif LOL can you imagine that? ;D

1st Jul, 2003 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

Book of Mormon Names?

I had an uncle named Nephi, and another named Levi.  There have always been "unusual" names for people, not all from the Book of Mormon.  The deeper meaning can sometimes be a source of strength.

Sheesh!  Think of Demi Moore's kids...  Rumour, Talulabell [sp?], and Scout.  But there are deeper meanings to those names.  Rumour, I believe, comes from a poem (I forget who authored it) and when you hear the poem you understand the name.

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Jul, 2003 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Book Mormon Names

I think Levi is easy to cope with, but Nephi is so unknown. Plus I can't stand when people pronounce it like 'Nephy' and Moroni like 'Morony' :smile.gif

1st Jul, 2003 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Book Mormon Names Mormon Doctrine Studies

[quote]Plus I can't stand when people pronounce it like 'Nephy' and Moroni like 'Morony'  [/quote]

:smile.gif hey that's how we pronounce it in Spanish and it sounds great! ;D

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Book of Mormon Names?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,