When You Crush An Ant

When Crush Ant - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Jul, 2012 - 7:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Looking at all life.
4th Nov, 2010 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

When You Crush An Ant

When You Crush An Ant

When you walk down the street you may at some point crush an ant beneath your shoe. Do you give any thought to it? If it were a little bigger like lets say a lady bug, will you consider that? Will you feel bad for squashing an ant or lady bug? If you will not feel bad for squashing an ant then is it because you see yourself as superior to the ant? How about a bit bigger creature and its a kitten? My point is at what point do you consider life important / unimportant? Is it based on the size of the creature?

Sponsored Links:
5th Nov, 2010 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

Ant Crush When

I always feel bad and apologize to the little creatures that I have to kill because they've invaded my house, or the ones accidentally killed if I walk or drive over them. It doesn't matter the size or the type - although I have to admit I don't feel as bad when killing vermin like mice or cockroaches or fleas. I still apologize, but it's more like "sorry, you are *not* allowed to be in my house!"

21st Nov, 2010 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

When You Crush An Ant Studies Doctrine Mormon

Thanks for your response Farseer. I started this Topic as a way to think deeper and have a different perspective. One thing I have notice with most online Mormons is that such Topics hold little weight for their interests. They would rather talk about smoking pot and having many wives rather than life around them. I believe this is probably why it is so hard to get someone to go out home teaching with because the value of life is often not seen - not for human let alone a bug on the street.

16th Feb, 2012 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Ant Crush When

JB you must be around some half-Mormons if I can call them that because I talk about these topics all the time AND with my home teaching companions too! wink.gif

6th Jul, 2012 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Ant Crush When

I actually feel sorry for the little critters that are crushed by people or animals, but they are so small, how people could notice them? Here is the question: For instance, if you were the ant, and the humans, who are physically much bigger than you (the ant), and these humans are constantly about to crush you, how would you feel? Sad? Angry?

> TOPIC: When You Crush An Ant

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,