If you were in a jungle? - Page 2 of 2

I am going to use my imagination for the purpose - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th May, 2006 - 8:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
23rd May, 2006 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

If you were in a jungle? - Page 2

1. If I didn't know the exact day or date, I would choose the 7th day I was there for the Sabbath, then every 7th day after that.

2. No problem with the potato chips as sacrament. I would just have to make sure that I didn't eat them all up right away.

3. Fast - yes.

4. Baptize. Hmmm. Obviously, by this time, I have been there a while, it looks like I will probably spend all my days there. Yep. I have the authority to baptize. Since I would be the only Priesthood authority available. I would proceed to establish a branch, as well as I could.

5. Marriage. No problem at all. Again, it appears that I have been there a while. Since the native is there, I would have to assume that there is a native society there as well, and I would enter into a marriage using their traditions. If there is no society, I would pledge my eternal commitment to her, as long as she was willing.

It seems to me that we get so caught up in the legalities of everything that we forget common sense. What, do we wait for a General Authority to give us permission to fast besides on Fast Sunday? Are we so reliant on the "arm of flesh" that we don't dare to do anything good and wholesome on our own initiative?

Marriage is the really funny question to contend about. Marriage laws in every country are different. The scenario in this thread indicates that there is only ONE other person present on the island. So, since this one woman and I are the full foundation of society, it is up to the two of us to establish the marriage custom for the island. To claim that there is some reason NOT to get married is to deny the commandments that we should get married. Remember, the scenario specifically states that I am SINGLE.

However, if I were already married, and some significant time had passed (months, perhaps even a couple of years), and it appeared that there was no chance of getting rescued, I would probably also enter into a marriage. In fact, if it were just the two of us on the island, it might not even take that long, as we would both need the social and emotional support, as well as the physical support to accomplish things. This team would probably get extremely close in all ways, as we would have to be together at almost all times.

Also remember, that the New and Everlasting Covenant is actually based up plural marriage.

In such a case, after having been on the island for several years and finally getting rescued, perhaps the Church would excommunicate me. But I would have no problem facing the Lord at the Judgement, as I would know that what I had done was not sinful.

Sponsored Links:
24th May, 2006 - 8:07am / Post ID: #

jungle in you If

I am going to use my imagination for the purpose of this thread and answer as a single active LDS guy, an Elder, a former missionary.

1. Decide any day as a Sabbath Day and keep it? I can imagine that it would take me a few weeks, but I would eventually decide on a day as the Sabbath, and keep it.

2. Use the potato chips as bread for sacrament and bless it? I would.

3. Fast even though you find it hard to get food? I can imagine that I wouldn't do this initially, but might eventually, to seek the Lord's help in my predicament.

4. Baptize a native who heard your preaching of the Gospel? Yes

5. Have relations with the native and form your own vow of marriage? No, the lady will have to wait until we get back to civilization.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: If you were in a jungle?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,