I Feel So Sorry For You

I Feel You - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 22nd May, 2006 - 5:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st May, 2006 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

I Feel So Sorry For You

I am sure many times we have heard this statement. Maybe we have been the receiver or the giver and most of the times, we just said or heard those words with no action behind it and leaving the person to struggle on his/her own.

Look at the example of Pres. Joseph Smith:

"A group of men were talking with the Prophet Joseph Smith one day when news arrived that the house of a poor brother who lived some distance from town was burned down. Everyone expressed sorrow for what had happened. The Prophet listened for a moment, then "put his hand in his pocket, took out five dollars and said, "I feel sorry for this brother to the amount of five dollars; how much do you all feel sorry?" "

Sponsored Links:
21st May, 2006 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

You Sorry Feel I

That is an excellent point. Most of the time, I think that we express sorrow for something bad happening to someone, partly because we can't really think of anything to do to help them. I don't think it is a matter of not wanting to help, but at some times, it does include an unwillingness to do what is needed.

22nd May, 2006 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

I Feel So Sorry For You Studies Doctrine Mormon

I appreciate the Prophets example and agree that actions taken benefit those in need more than empty words. However, sometimes being a listening ear is exactly what's needed and can be a comfort. I often feel reluctant to express my sympathies to others because it seems inadequate. I'm trying to overcome this because often the knowledge that others care is sometimes enough to get us through whatever trial we face.

> TOPIC: I Feel So Sorry For You

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,