What about the Holy Ghost's body?

What Holy Ghost' S Body - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 5th Jan, 2004 - 5:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »
12th Feb, 2003 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

The Holy Ghost's Body?

The Holy Ghost is probably one of the greatest mysteries to man. We know about him (yes, we are told we should say 'he') from what we read in the scriptures and prophets, and yes, hopefully we have felt his warming feelings. So many questions can fill your mind with regards to the Holy Ghost...

1. Since he is spirit then he must one day need a body?
2. Would he have his own celestial family?
3. Would his every quality represent the Father as Christ did?
4. Would we always need the Spirit? Even after being in the Celestial Kingdom?

Have you ever wondered something similar about the Holy Ghost? All things of course will be revealed in time, but it good to ponder on the Mysteries of God.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2003 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

body Ghosts Holy the What

3 Nephi 28:11
11 And the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and
the Father giveth the Holy Ghost unto the children of men,
because of me.

26th Dec, 2003 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

What about the Holy Ghost's body? Studies Doctrine Mormon

The Holy Ghost actually does have a body, but His body is that of spirit: "There is no such thing as immaterial matter. All spirit is matter, but it is more fine or pure, and can only be discerned by pure eyes; we cannot see it; but when our bodies are purified we shall see that it is all matter." (D&C 131:7-8).
Joseph Smith said that, "The Holy Ghost is yet a spiritual body and is waiting to take to himself a body, as the Savior did."[Joseph Smith, Encyclopedia of Joseph Smith's Teachings, edited by Larry E. Dahl and Donald Q. Cannon (Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1997)]
"The Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has." (Joseph Smith, The Words of Joseph Smith, p. 245; Sabbath address, Nauvoo, 27 August 1843. Reported by Franklin D. Richards.)

29th Dec, 2004 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Joseph Smith said that, "The Holy Ghost is yet a spiritual body and is waiting to take to himself a body, as the Savior did."[Joseph Smith, Encyclopedia of Joseph Smith's Teachings, edited by Larry E. Dahl and Donald Q. Cannon (Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1997)]

Now, this confuses me. How can this be? If the Holy Ghost takes a body, then he won't be the Holy Ghost any longer. How can he dwell within each of us while he has his own body? Unless, maybe he gets his body at the time of the resurrection and doesn't actually need to inhabit it here on earth as a test like the rest of us. If he got his body at the time of the resurrection, then we would no longer need him to dwell within us either I guess.

30th Dec, 2004 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Unless, maybe he gets his body at the time of the resurrection and doesn't actually need to inhabit it here on earth as a test like the rest of us. If he got his body at the time of the resurrection, then we would no longer need him to dwell within us either I guess.

Yes, the speculation is about the Holy Ghost getting his body at the time of the resurrection.

5th Jan, 2004 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (tenaheff @ 29-Dec 03, 5:46 PM)
Now, this confuses me. How can this be? If the Holy Ghost takes a body, then he won't be the Holy Ghost any longer.

This is really deep doctrine. I know some of the discussion, speculation, visions, dreams, and conclusions that have been hashed over for the last 174 or so years have been on this subject.

If someone would like to really discuss this, send me an IM, and we can take it to email.

The biggest single point is that it may be an office of the Holy Ghost, that may be filled by different beings at different times.

NightHawk

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Jan, 2004 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

What the Holy Ghost's body

Why won't you discuss it on the forum? Is it a controversial subject? I have never even given it thought before this question was posted.

5th Jan, 2004 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

What the Holy Ghost's body Mormon Doctrine Studies

If someone would like to really discuss this, send me an IM, and we can take it to email

Hey, why through IM or e-mail? Why not discuss it openly here?. I am very interested in this subject and I'm sure a lot of more people are.

The biggest single point is that it may be an office of the Holy Ghost, that may be filled by different beings at different times.

You mean different spirits entering the Holy Ghost at different times?.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: What about the Holy Ghost's body?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,