What about the Holy Ghost's body? - Page 4 of 10

WOrds of Franklin D Richards: Joseph also - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Jun, 2007 - 8:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »
Post Date: 16th Aug, 2005 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

What about the Holy Ghost's body?
A Friend

What about the Holy Ghost's body? - Page 4

I really am not sure what you were getting at with that response. I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that Jehovah may have been acting as the Holy Ghost while Adam was on the earth. I do need to clarify the statement about Adam being the Holy Ghost, while I do not believe that this is the case, the assumption of many is that after his death he was not resurrected and remains as the Holy Ghost at this time. Of course he would not have been resurrected until Christ was anyway, if he has been. Many also consider the thought that because Adam partaking of the fruit was merely a transgression, that following that he was able to live without sin, and thus, merit himself a position in the godhead. This is all speculation of course. I personally do not believe Adam is the Holy Ghost, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to consider.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2005 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

body Ghosts Holy the What

I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that Jehovah may have been acting as the Holy Ghost while Adam was on the earth.

The Job of the Holy Ghost is to be a messenger for Jehovah and Elohim. Why would Jehovah take his responsibilties. We know from modern Revelation that Adam is the ArchAngel Michael. At no time in history as the Holy Ghost had a body. The calling of Holy Ghost is like the calling of Messiah. There can only be one until their calling is complete, Thus whoever is the Holy Ghost as always been there as not received a body and will be there until Jehovah declares with a load voice, "it is finished." Only at that time will the Holy Ghost be given to another assignment, probably to that of Messiah. (see one of my previous messages for the reasoning.)

Speculation is dangerous in the Gospel. It can lead not only to hurt feelings but also to falling away. Let's stick to truth has guided by the leaders of this church and by prayer and studying.

I personally do not believe Adam is the Holy Ghost, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to consider.

Is it reasonable to say that Elohim, Jehovah and the Holy Ghost share the same body? No it is not reasonable. Nor is it reasonable with in the bounds of the Gospel to assume that Adam held the position of the Holy Ghost. Adam (Michael) is the head of the Arch Angels. In no way is he a member of the Godhead.

Reconcile Edited: Weisenberger on 6th Sep, 2005 - 9:39pm

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2005 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What about the Holy Ghost's body? Studies Doctrine Mormon

President Young taught:

"It is true that the earth was organized by three distinct characters, namely, Eloheim, Yahovah, and Michael, these three forming a quorum, as in all heavenly bodies, and in organizing element, perfectly represented in the Deity, as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!"

It is a very honest conclusion from this that:

Eloheim = the Father
Yahovah = the Son
Michael = the Holy Ghost

Message Edited!
Persephone: Removed link and sarcasm. Read our policies about Constructive posting

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2005 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 body Ghosts Holy the What

erichard, I don't know where you got the information but it's wrong. How could the Holy Ghost be Michael and Adam all in one? How could the Holy Ghost fall on Adam when Michael is the Holy Ghost? OR in other words, How can the Holy Ghost fall on the Holy Ghost? It can't, the Holy Ghost and Adam are two separate individuals.

Yes it's true that three people had a hand in creating the earth the Father, Elohim, Jehovah and The holy Ghost, but Michael also held an important position and continues he is not a member of the Godhead, for his role is as that of head of the Human race on this earth.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2005 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

body Ghosts Holy the What

NOTE: Off topic remarks started by user Melodilynn have been moved: here

Post Date: 28th May, 2007 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

For one specific point, Joseph once said that if he was to proclaim who he actually was, there were brethren at the pulpit who would seek to end his life for the utter blasphemy of it all.
- Nighthawk

Wasn't that in the King Follet Sermon?

Reconcile Edited: DanInTheDen on 28th May, 2007 - 8:18pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2007 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What the Holy Ghost's body - Page 4

so... Who is the Holy Ghost...? we read in the bible that an angel came down to
-Comfort- the Savior while the intercessory prayer...

Bruce R. Mcconkie says in one of his talks... "Surely it whats Michael the Archangel"

The First Comforter,one of the names of the Holy Ghost is "Comforter"

Jesuschrist is the Second Comforter...

The Third Comforter is God...

We always talk about 3 Important Personages in the temple... now, you might have a lot of objections to my opinion but I think it will give you some food for thought.

Everything is the Gospel makes sense... surely we can reconcile how Adam might be the "Holy ghost" just like, he is Michael and Adam both... wink.gif

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2007 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What the Holy Ghost's body Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

WOrds of Franklin D Richards: Joseph also said that the Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has. (Joseph Smith, The Words of Joseph Smith, P. 245)

According to what the Prophet said, The Holy Ghost does not have a body yet. Adam has already been resurrected and thus can not be, that is counterpreductive to the Holy Ghost not having a body yet.

The Holy Ghost will not have a physical body until Jehovah says his work is done.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: What about the Holy Ghost's body?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,