What about the Holy Ghost's body? - Page 5 of 10

Why do people ignore what the first Prophet - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Jul, 2007 - 12:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (10) »
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2007 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

What about the Holy Ghost's body?
A Friend

What about the Holy Ghost's body? - Page 5

WOrds of Franklin D Richards: Joseph also said that the Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has. (Joseph Smith, The Words of Joseph Smith, P. 245)

According to what the Prophet said, The Holy Ghost does not have a body yet. Adam has already been resurrected and thus can not be, that is counterpreductive to the Holy Ghost not having a body yet.

The Holy Ghost will not have a physical body until Jehovah says his work is done.

Orson Pratt of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, 5 April 1860

I heard brother Brigham Young say that Jesus had a body, flesh and bones, before he came, he was born of the Virgin Mary. ["Minutes of the Meeting of the Council of the Twelve in Historian's upper room," Great Salt Lake City, 5 April 1860, 10 a.m., LDS Archives.] Food for thought... smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2007 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

body Ghosts Holy the What

Hi! I' a new member, nevertheless I want to add a comment:
What about that the Holy Ghost is John the Loved?...D&C 7:1-3 and John 21:21-23
He wasn't married, then couldn't was a complete (perfect) GOD and He was bringing many soul unto him, by means of the baptism.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message.

28th Jun, 2007 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

What about the Holy Ghost's body? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I personally do not see the connection between John the Beloved and the Holy Ghost based on the scriptures you mentioned. It just says that he was granted the wish of having power over death.

Rather off topic, but...
Could you provide the reference of John the Beloved being single?

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2007 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 body Ghosts Holy the What

In My Own Opinion I Think it was Adam... and I also think that everyone will have to go through certain "Callings" before we achieve the Top of Godhood...

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2007 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

body Ghosts Holy the What

This is truly an interesting topic that before now I had not given much thought to. Look to D&C for the first answer to the question.

"The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us" (D&C 130:22).

The deeper question, which is why we are all here; is the Holy Spirit a calling, or office? How does someone attain this calling? Or has the Holy Ghost been the same person since the beginning.

"everlasting covenant was made between three personages before the organization of this earth, and relates to their dispensation of things to men on the earth; these personages"¦are called God the first, the Creator; God the second, the Redeemer; and God the third, the witness or Testator" (TPJS, p. 190).

It seems to me that if a covenant was made between three personages it would bind them together so that the same personages are now, that were then.

Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2007 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

My Opinion!

Holy Ghost... A Calling
Adam... A Calling
Savior... A Calling

Before we get to the point were we can be Exhalted we have to go through this different callings... (Now many of you might say, well, that will imply more that 1 death and 1 resurrection)

Read This:

John 10: 17
  17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

It is up to you to interpret that scripture... I'm just sharing my own interpretation...
Adam a Calling? Jesuschrist is called ADAM in this scripture:

1 Cor. 15: 45
  45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Therefore Adam is a Title.

Jehovah Acting as The Holy Ghost while Michael was on the Earth:

Moses 5:9
9 And in that day the Holy Ghost fell upon Adam, which beareth record of the Father and the Son, saying: I am the Only Begotten of the Father from the beginning, henceforth and forever, that as thou hast fallen thou mayest be redeemed, and all mankind, even as many as will.

Now... What does the Name ADAM mean?
It Means Many:

Moses 1: 34
  34 And the first man of all men have I called Adam, which is many.

I agree with having One Savior for Every Eternal Round, for all the Different Worlds that were created, but there has to be several Adams for the different Planets...

Think about the Things you Learn on the "Mountain of the Lord" smile.gif

Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy. Please follow our Rules or you will be deleted as you are constantly being warned.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2007 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

What the Holy Ghost's body - Page 5

My father often talked about early modern prophets talking about the Holy Ghost being a calling and that Brigham Young had mentioned certain prophets like Abraham and Moses who had held the calling prior to coming to this earth. I have read of visions where people had seen the Holy Ghost but could never describe his appearance. I will try and find the references that my father was referring to. I do not think there is anything that would keep someone from serving as the Holy Ghost prior to coming to the earth.

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2007 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What the Holy Ghost's body Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

Why do people ignore what the first Prophet of this dispensation says about the Holy Ghost?

WOrds of Franklin D Richards: Joseph also said that the Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has. (Joseph Smith, The Words of Joseph Smith, P. 245)

The Office of the Holy Ghost is like the office of Messiah, only one person is in that position, until their office is fulfilled.

When the Millinium is over and Satan has been loosed for a while. After the last battle Christ will say to Elohiem our father, The work is done. Then will Christ be moved to the same position that we are trying for the office of Elohiem (or head God of the Godhead). When Christs job as the Messiah is finished then the Holy Ghost will like wise be released from his position and wait for his new calling.

The man who holds the office of Holy Ghost has held the office since he was called to it in the pre-existance before the earth was formed, he will hold that office until all of the Messiahs duties are fulfilled and not a moment later.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: What about the Holy Ghost's body?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,