What about the Holy Ghost's body? - Page 6 of 10

It is interesting indeed! My personal - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2008 - 2:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
19th Jul, 2007 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

What about the Holy Ghost's body? - Page 6

Reading that quote there is nothing that negates a limited time to the office. The Son passed through physical life just like the rest of us have. If The Holy Ghost performs his office well for a time why would he not have the opportunity to come to the earth to be tested and serve his time like Christ, during a time of tribulation when a great man like Abraham or Moses would be needed? I do not think that the quote supports a one person/one Ghost theory.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2007 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

What about the Holy Ghost's body?
A Friend

body Ghosts Holy the What

WOrds of Franklin D Richards: Joseph also said that the Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has. (Joseph Smith, The Words of Joseph Smith, P. 245)

According to what the Prophet said, The Holy Ghost does not have a body yet. Adam has already been resurrected and thus can not be, that is counterpreductive to the Holy Ghost not having a body yet.

The Holy Ghost will not have a physical body until Jehovah says his work is done.
I Agree...

Now, since the Holy Ghost is 1 personage, it can only be at one place at a time, because of his Body of Spirit, but it can be felt any time...

How is this done?

What I think is that the "Holy Ghost" delegates people to this task, since the Spirit World is on the earth I think all righteous men or women are delegated by him to "Preach The Gospel" or in other words to "Make Us Feel The Spirit"

That's how you reconcile Both Theories... The Holy Ghost being a Calling, and One Personage at the same time...

Think about it... Jesus went and preached to the Spirits in Prison... But Later on We Learned that Jesus did not go to those spirits in Prison, but delegated "Angels" to do that... And So it is with the Holy Ghost...

I would like to read your Future Comments on this matter.

Elix

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2007 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What about the Holy Ghost's body? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Jesus went and preached to the Spirits in Prison... But Later on We Learned that Jesus did not go to those spirits in Prison, but delegated "Angels" to do that

The only reason Christ didn't personally go in to Prison is he can not look upon sin with the least degree of tolerance. In other words it would cause him great physical pain if he would have gone. So he set up missionary work in the Spirit World.

I'm not sure how the Holy Ghost can touch so many at one time. I read it somewhere once before but have forgotten it. It's possible but it doesn't sit right.

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2007 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 body Ghosts Holy the What

The Holy Ghost is able to touch so many at one time because of the Light of Christ. It is like the Sun; it is always there, and whenever we open a window (testify or do something Spiritual) we are able to feel its warmth.

I read this on the New Testament Doctrinal Commentary by Bruce R. McConkie

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2007 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

body Ghosts Holy the What

Lets look at D&C 138 for a moment

Where does it say specifically that Adam has been resurrected? D&C 138

How do we know that his resurrection hasn't been postponed till the second coming? D&C 138

In that vision Joseph F. Smith saw that they,(including Adam) were to come forth after Christs resurrection to enter into the Fathers kingdom. (look at verse 51)

He then proceeded to talk about those who would be reserved for the latter day work.(Joseph Smith etc.) Among the noble and great ones.

To me this section lays out clearly the doctrine of who is not the Holy Ghost (I.e. Joseph Smith and Adam.) If you read it carefully you will see it.

Whom then, is the Holy Ghost?> We don't know! But we know who he is not. Some day we will.

All quotes by Joseph Smith (some have been stated) seem to me to suggest that The Holy Ghost at some point will go through the formality of receiving a mortal body sometime during or after the Millennium. This suggest that he hasn't had one yet. With Christ in our presence we have no need of the sun and we have no need of the Holy Ghost. Christ becomes all light and truth.

There is some sort of eternal aspect of Spirit emanation of light and truth that we don't yet understand. Something to do with glory and everlasting burnings.

We don't know who Joseph Smith was in the premortal world but given the nature of his earthly calling one can only assume that he is up there with Adam and the rest of the mighty nobles. Maybe one of the special angels? He did head up a dispensation after all. But I don't want to thread jack.

That would make another interesting thread though. Who do you think all the arch angels are? Michael = Adam, Gabriel = Noah, Raphael = Enoch? Joseph? Who are the others? Who is Melchizedek?

I find the progression of gods very entriging. We know Jesus moves up where the father is now. As it has been suggested the Holy Ghost might too move up. The details of how it works is hard to comprehend. I'm reminded of a statement of Joseph Smith. "I will go from Prophet, to king, to priest". Remind you of anything? Interesting notes. How long will it be till we can become gods ourselves? Joseph suggested in the King Follett discourse that it will be a long while after we enter into the Celestial kingdom. A sort of progression to reach levels of Exaltation.

The Holy Ghost is divine and is a member of the Godhead. He is an actual personage and not a just calling many can hold. He obviously has passed through a level of testing in the pre-exsistence close to or next to Christ to prove himself worthy of such a calling in the Godhead. We refer to The Holy Ghost as Him and not it. To me this means He is one person with one mission. This to me puts to rest any idea that it could be more than one person holding a calling of Holy Ghost. Joseph Smith would not have referred to Him the way he did if it was not so. I just can't see it any other way.

Possibly because of his sacred nature, his name has not been revealed so that others do not use it in vain. The same reason why we might not know about heavenly mother. We need to know the father and the Son, but he will keep sacred things sacred as much as possible. Hence the temple. Hence all things have not yet been revealed.

Do not cast your pearls before swine!

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2008 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The idea of taking turns in being the Holy Ghost has made me wonder about the following:

Matthew 12

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
  32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

How one can be forgiven when he speaketh against the Son but not against the Holy Ghost? Are all the prophets better then the Son (see D&C 122:8) in being the Holy Ghost one after another? I see contradiction in D&C 122:8 if that is the case.

See also the end of Matthew 12:32 -- in none of the worlds? Does this support the idea of the Holy Ghost being one Personage? Makes me wonder that it does.

D&C 132
27 The blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, which shall not be forgiven in the world nor out of the world,...

I will be interested to learn other things on the subject and share my thoughts on that subject.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2008 - 9:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What the Holy Ghost's body - Page 6

What does this mean?

Moses 5:9

9 And in that day the Holy Ghost fell upon Adam, which beareth record of the Father and the Son, saying: I am the Only Begotten of the Father from the beginning, henceforth and forever, that as thou hast fallen thou mayest be redeemed, and all mankind, even as many as will.

I don't know what this means, does it mean that Jesus was once the Holy Spirit? or was it the Holy Ghost that bear testimony of these things in first person view? This really confuses me.

Reconcile Edited: Lephisto on 21st Sep, 2008 - 9:56am

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2008 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What the Holy Ghost's body Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

It is interesting indeed!

My personal opinion is influenced by the following scripture:

Ether 3

16 Behold, this body, which ye now behold, is the body of my spirit; and man have I created after the body of my spirit; and even as I appear unto thee to be in the spirit will I appear unto my people in the flesh.

Jesus is speaking to the brother of Jared of His spirit body, yet Jesus was able to touch the stones with His finger and they gave light. (Having in mind Moses 6:64 when saying this.)

While in His spirit body, was He able to act as the Holy Ghost? For me it looks possible, for Christ was still a spirit.

Could He have testified of the Father, yes.

Was Christ the Holy Ghost, I think not, because of:

D&C 130
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.

I too am still searching for answers.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: What about the Holy Ghost's body?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,