What about the Holy Ghost's body? - Page 8 of 10

Name: Urim Comments: This is in response to - Page 8 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 31st May, 2010 - 11:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
10th Oct, 2008 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

What about the Holy Ghost's body? - Page 8

QUOTE (Orchardtiger)
I thought that the topic was about the Holy Ghost's body and other questions involving the Holy Ghost.

Yes, that is correct. My Post refers to all the Posts that are going off topic about what should and should not be Discussed within the Thread. I was merely pointing out Threads where Members can take their off topic messages. Messages specific to the Holy Ghost are most welcomed within this Thread.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Oct, 2008 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

body Ghosts Holy the What

Name: Rob

Comments: I've made a 55yr. quest of studying this subject. Here are my thoughts...He is here in the flesh and has come here upon earth at this time for the purpose of establishing the Lords Kingdom and preparing the way for his brother Jesus Christ to return. Obviously, as stated primarily in Isaiah & the D&C, this calling will entail quite a bit of work. Up to this point he has become a polished shaft hidden away from view in the Lords quiver awaiting the day the Lord will call him up as promised, there to receive great power and authority to execute the the consummation of the visions of his youth. You can rest assured that Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ have already communicated many things with him during the course of his life in order to prepare him for his moment of commission. After a life time of studying the enigmatic nature of his life and character embedded in the scriptures, I'm sure you will come to find him to be a super human with a very ordinary past. If I had to sum up what I've come to know of him, I would describe him as the main character of the song "What if God was one of us"?

Post Date: 18th May, 2009 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

What about the Holy Ghost's body? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Gordon

Comments: What comes first, the chicken or the egg? How did God become God?

First of all, I am speculating that there is only one Holy Ghost or Supreme Intelligence that has authored or created the Plan of Salvation or Plan of Eternal Progression or light and truth for all lesser intelligence, worlds without end. Some of these lesser intelligences have already progressed to become a Jehovah or God the Father in their respective kingdoms they've been commanded to organize by the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Ghost, is the supreme intelligence at the top of the intelligence pyramid, making all things possible for His spiritual family to obtain, if they are willing to apply his spiritual gifts offered to them. Our bodies, life experiences, agency, etc are gifts given to us from the Holy Ghost (via our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ) to increase our intelligence and happiness for the eternity's ahead.

Consequently, the Holy Ghost doesn't need a body to progress with like our intelligence, as His intelligence is already the supreme intelligence at the top of the Intelligence Pyramid, giving spiritual birth to all other Gods, and hopefully us, worlds without end.

That is why blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is the unforgivable sin, in that this sin stops our eternal progression of aliening our will with His as has been revealed through God, our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.

Source 1: Luke 12:10 ...unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
Source 2: D & C 93:36 ...the glory of God is intelligence, or in other words, light and truth.

18th May, 2009 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 body Ghosts Holy the What

Gordon,

I am not sure where your ideas are supported in scripture? Is this your opinion or are you referring from a source? I personally do not see this scriptural, but that is from my personal insights.

Consequently, the Holy Ghost doesn't need a body to progress with like our intelligence, as His intelligence is already the supreme intelligence at the top of the Intelligence Pyramid, giving spiritual birth to all other Gods, and hopefully us, worlds without end.

How can this be? How can he have all knowledge if he does not have a body? One type of knowledge is called experiential meaning knowledge through expereince. How can he have the first hand knowledge of what a physical body is with out having a physical body? If this is so then would I then have a knowledge that he does not have?
I think you may be confusing the idea of the spirit of god(s) as referred in D&C 88, and as Pratt and others refer too. This is different the the actual Holy Ghost.

That is why blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is the unforgivable sin, in that this sin stops our eternal progression of aliening our will with His as has been revealed through God, our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.

I am under the assumption that the Holy ghost prompts us and leads us to Christ I.e repentance. Thus to deny this means that we will not repent, thus it is unpardonable because we fail to listen to his prompting to repent. (This is how I see it.)

First of all, I am speculating that there is only one Holy Ghost or Supreme Intelligence that has authored or created the Plan of Salvation or Plan of Eternal Progression or light and truth for all lesser intelligence, worlds without end.

I am not sure that scripture supports that the Holy ghost is greater then God the Father. Does not the scriptures tell us that Christ is the author and finisher of our faith, the alpha and omega. Thus he is the author and finisher of the plan of salvation? I am not sure the the pearl of great price supports your idea. Please let me know where you got this, so I can follow along with your understanding.

Post Date: 19th May, 2009 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

body Ghosts Holy the What

Name: Gordon

Comments: My SPECULATION on the Holy Ghost is based upon the fact that Jehovah (the God of this Earth) commands us to pray unto (Elohim) God the Father, even though Jesus Christ is the Father of all of us spirits on this earth. In a very real sense, Jesus is our Heavenly Father; however I don't believe that when He was alive on the earth to atone for our sins that he had officially received that title or position of Godhood until He had atoned for the sins of his spirit family. I think that the atonement is the final priesthood ordination one must receive prior to becoming a Heavenly Father. The Plan of Salvation has to have an author. There had to be a supreme intelligence to create the plan and then implement it. I believe that the supreme intelligence, is the Holy Ghost. Only from the Holy Ghost, do we receive the confirming witness of our faith in the Plan of Salvation. I also believe that the Holy Ghost is continually drawing up new blueprints to give to His spiritually aspiring children to create for them an ever increasing happiness and purpose and meaning to their lives. The purpose for having a body and family is to experience a greater happiness and fulfillment both now and in the eternities. I believe that the Holy Ghost experiences a supreme joy and happiness through the sum of all of the righeous experiences of his children. It is obvious, that each round of creation need a Heavenly Father to guide and direct the next round of creation, that is why Jesus (the God of this Earth) was still being directed by Elohim (Jesus' Heavenly Father) luntil he completed his final ordination of Godhood which was the atonement for the sins of his spiritual offspring. I also believe that the greatest exhaltation that one receives in the next life is proportionate to the amount of love one shows in this life. The scriptures tell us that there is no greater love than laying down one's life for another.

That Is what I believe Jesus did, and what all of his aspiring followings someday must likewise do in their pursuit of an endless posterity and happiness by becoming the Jehovah and Savior of their own worlds. Again, I am speculating, that the Holy Ghost is at the top of the intelligence pyramid, and just as Satan seeks to dwell in our flesh to destroy it, so does the Holy Ghost seek to dwell in our flesh to save it. Consequently, the Holy Ghost must receive the ultimate joy and happines by His dwelliing in the flesh of everyone at different times. Does the Holy Ghost have a body? Yes...it is our body!

Source 1: speculation from Gospel Trilogy by Cleon Skousen

22nd May, 2009 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

What about the Holy Ghost's body?

My SPECULATION on the Holy Ghost is based upon the fact that Jehovah (the God of this Earth) commands us to pray unto (Elohim) God the Father, even though Jesus Christ is the Father of all of us spirits on this earth. In a very real sense, Jesus is our Heavenly Father

This may be speculation, but it is unfounded in scripture or from any modern prophet's teachings. This is even not Adam-God doctrine/theory. No where is it taught that Jesus is the Father of our spirits. This sounds similar to Tascano's ideas but it is not founded in scripture.

In a very real sense, Jesus is our Heavenly Father; however I don't believe that when He was alive on the earth to atone for our sins that he had officially received that title or position of Godhood until He had atoned for the sins of his spirit family. I think that the atonement is the final priesthood ordination one must receive prior to becoming a Heavenly Father.

I think that Christ was God before he came to earth. I think that Scripture supports this John 1, 1Nephi 8-13, and second Nephi, Either 3, Abenadiah's sermon, D7C 76, 93, and I can go on plus the King Follet Discourse, the discourse in the Grove, and many other references. I know that this subject is debated else where so I will digress.

The Plan of Salvation has to have an author. There had to be a supreme intelligence to create the plan and then implement it. I believe that the supreme intelligence, is the Holy Ghost. Only from the Holy Ghost, do we receive the confirming witness of our faith in the Plan of Salvation. I also believe that the Holy Ghost is continually drawing up new blueprints to give to His spiritually aspiring children to create for them an ever increasing happiness and purpose and meaning to their lives.

I just do not see any revelation or scripture to support this. You still did not answer by question as to how does the Holy ghost have all knowledge without a physical body, when he never experiences the pain, joy, and everyday experiences that a body provide. By your logic that would make me more knowledgeable then him because of my expereince?

I just am not following your logic or the scripture basis for this.

Thanks,

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th May, 2010 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

What the Holy Ghost's body - Page 8

Name: Marc

Comments: [... ] All my knowledge I'm sharing with you is based on my own feelings and thoughts and could be known as revelation if you feel that that they are inspired, which would make it truth.Father, son and holy ghost are titles.and anyone who has achieved a variety of sacrifices that are termed by the Father, which is the highest title of all, will obtain these titles... Before you can obtain the title of father though, you have to obtain the title of son and before you can obtain the title of son, you have to obtain the title of the Holy Ghost. Holy Ghost and Angels are equal however the only difference is the Holy Ghost is a spirit and an Angel is a spirit and a body of flesh and bone.the Holy Ghost is a servant for the son and the son is the servant for the Father.once Christ and the very Holy Ghost both become Fathers then they will become independent of each other, however the full proof plan of Godhood is that Gods cannot progress without the progression of their Family.with that given.Yes there was one Holy Ghost in the Pre-Existence and yes He will come down to earth and receive a body and yes He will experience a very similar life to that of Christ's and He will prepare the way for the Lord's Second Coming... Now the theory proposed is that the Holy Ghost is multiple personages of people die and their spirits become perfected in a given period time of seven years.all are chosen by the Father to complete His Plan.so in reality we don't choose Him, He chooses us, conflicting the idea of mortality's thoughts of free agency.yes.mortal's feel that it is choice that they are experiencing, however in the end, it is just one big plan being fulfilled from beginning to end.helping us understand how God knows beginning to end... I liken it to a movie and that God is the director and were his actors and the Holy Ghost and Angels are assisting in carrying out this plan.which is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.so each of us get an individual gift after entering the waters of baptism known as the "gift" of the Holy Ghost.however, back to who the Holy Ghost is.in the Pre-Existence, when Jehova was born, the first, Elohim's Father, the Grandfather, who was a very wise man, brought His young grandson a gift. The gift was His son. This son become a guide, a leader and an example to Jehovah, also known as the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost prepared his nephew for the mission and challenges of being Savior to the World... . Yes, the Holy Ghost is the Uncle to the world... And He will rule the Telestial Kingdom as Christ will rule the Terrestial and Father the Celestial.and this happens for a preparatory for all to progress from an eternal Hell and Damnation... Those in the Celestial Kingdom will receive all the proper and necessary teachings to become a Father so that they can progress on their own.also known as "self reliance"... . There is so much more but I hope this information has answered any questions.if you have any questions about who is accompanying you? its your family.we cannot become perfect without them and they cannot become perfect without us.which is in reference to the Spirit of Elijah and being perfect in spirit is what the Holy Ghost is, but the Holy Ghost is not complete until the resurrection. I know the birth date for the Holy Ghost too, if you are interested in numbers.May 22, 1979.He will be 33 in 2012 and may 15th is the date of Aaronic priesthood's restoration.add 7, which makes it May 22.by the age of 33 His ministry will be complete.just like Christ.the Father's plan has shadows, types and patterns that helps us comprehend things of the future.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Unrelated content removed. Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

What the Holy Ghost's body Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 8

Name: Urim

Comments: This is in response to the post about the Holy Ghost being a "supreme intelligence" with no need for a physical body.
We cannot have a fullness of joy unless spirit and body are united.
The Holy Ghost is a personage of spirit.
Intelligence alone does not bring a fullness of joy.
I think the Holy Ghost's current existence as a spirit only is more a matter of function and practicality in its office of revelator and testator.
Intelligence is intelligence with a capacity for enlargement. It would seem logical to me that we are the same kind, maybe not the same level initially, of intelligence as the godhead.
Joseph Smith said in the King Follett discourse,

international QUOTE
"God himself, finding he was in the midst of spirits and glory, because he was more intelligent, saw proper to institute laws whereby the rest could have a privilege to advance like himself...He has power to institute laws to instruct the weaker intelligences, that they may be exalted with himself..."

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: Sources should be provided - Book name / page number, etc.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: What about the Holy Ghost's body?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,