What about the Holy Ghost's body? - Page 9 of 10

Pres. Young taught QUOTE "It is true - Page 9 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Jul, 2010 - 2:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 
Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2010 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

What about the Holy Ghost's body?
A Friend

What about the Holy Ghost's body? - Page 9

I remember reading in an article that the author felt that the Holy Ghost was an office. It was always a spirit, a being of spirit matter, not a physical body. At different times, it was a different intelligence, for different people. He has taken the form of a dove, and is said to reside within us if we are righteous and keep the covenants we make with our Heavenly Father.

The Holy Ghost could be a family member that has passed beyond the veil and is trying to steer you in the right direction so that you may make certain decisions. Keeping in mind that spirits cannot have control over us with physical bodies.

Sponsored Links:
7th Jun, 2010 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

body Ghosts Holy the What

I remember reading that PrestonRay. It makes sense actually but I am not sure if it is really doctrinal unless you have some references?

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2010 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What about the Holy Ghost's body? Studies Doctrine Mormon

It wasn't exactly doctrine, just insight.

It was on an old website, kind of like a blog, ran by an older man where he would write his thoughts. The website is long since discontinued but I recently came across his email and talked to him, asking if I could get a copy of the site or references. He replied that I could obtain a copy, but I would have to purchase it off the internet for some fee. I didn't have any money at the time so I couldn't.

I like to think of the organization of the church. The church extends into the spirit world and the rest of the universe as well. We have a presidency. Three people who have distinguished themselves to a higher extent. I like to think of Heavenly Father as the head, with his son, Jesus Christ, who helped him create worlds without number; and finally, the Holy Ghost, who guides and directs us and resides within us. The HG is definitely a spirit, a guardian angel if you will. Someone who is elected to the office of Holy Ghost to steer you in the right direction once, twice, or maybe even a million times.

Reconcile Edited: PrestonRay on 7th Jun, 2010 - 4:37pm

7th Jun, 2010 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 body Ghosts Holy the What

international QUOTE (PrestonRay @ 7-Jun 10, 4:28 PM)
The HG is definitely a spirit, a guardian angel if you will. Someone who is elected to the office of Holy Ghost to steer you in the right direction once, twice, or maybe even a million times.

Why do you keep saying the office of the Holy Ghost where does it say that in the scriptures? Just curious because I never came across that reference you know what am I saying? So I want to know whether is just an opinion of yours or there is actually things written about it by the church.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2010 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

body Ghosts Holy the What

I'm referring to a website I visited awhile back. It has since been discontinued, but it had millions of references about doctrine. He was supposedly traced the Sword of Laban from Laban, Nephi, Goliath, and Moroni, saying all of these men held a sword of fine craftmanship and saying the sword held magical properties that allowed the bearer to lead mass armies.

I guess its just my opinion.

8th Jun, 2010 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Sounds like your opinion. I have seen many refer to the Holy Ghost's position as an office but it is as speculative as many other things we have been told. Just because its on a web site does not make it true or doctrinal. I always like to see a quote from the scriptures or some LDS book.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2010 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

What the Holy Ghost's body - Page 9

Name: Cryspi

Comments: From what I have read in a talk by Robert L. Millet...you can't prove that Adam has been resurrected, he may have chosen to stay to do the work he needs to do as a disembodied spirit.

I also know that Moses 5:9 says

international QUOTE
9 And in that day the Holy Ghost fell upon Adam, which beareth record of the Father and the Son, saying: I am the Only Begotten of the Father from the beginning, henceforth and forever, that as thou hast fallen thou mayest be redeemed, and all mankind, even as many as will.

How can Michael the Archangel, Adam, and the Holy Ghost be one?

Sounds like we could get ourselves twisted up in something if we aren't careful.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2010 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What the Holy Ghost's body Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 9

Pres. Young taught

international QUOTE

"It is true that the earth was organized by three distinct characters, namely, Eloheim, Yahovah, and Michael, these three forming a quorum, as in all heavenly bodies, and in organizing element, perfectly represented in the Deity, as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost."

for me it sounds right, God the first = the Father of Spirit, God the second = The Father of Immortality, and God the third = The Father of Mortality..
Then I think since it need to be a God to do the role the Holy Ghost have, Jesus took that role at the Time of Adam, as we see in Moses 5:9. For he was also a Spirit and a God at the time...
Jehovah could take the role as the Holy Ghost, while Adam where on the earth, Because Jehovah still were a God and a Spirit, and as in moses, he is introdusion himself as the only begotten of the father. And now Adam is the Holy Ghost, and the last to get his body back, the first shall be the last, and the last shall be the first.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: What about the Holy Ghost's body?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,