Picture of Temple Ceremony - Page 2 of 3

The constellation Ursa Major or Great Bear, - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 5th Feb, 2006 - 11:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
6th Sep, 2005 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Picture of Temple Ceremony - Page 2

I find this picture very daring and wonder how they managed to leave it for public consumption, maybe they did not have a choice:
https://cfac.byu.edu/valbrinkerhoff/23morsym/source/24.htm

Sponsored Links:
6th Sep, 2005 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Ceremony Temple Picture

I agree this is right on the edge of unacceptable in my mind. The wife's hand isn't displaying anything that shouldn't be so technically nothing is inappropriate, and if you have no idea regarding the reference being made, I don't think this gives it away. Still, I question the appropriateness of it.

6th Sep, 2005 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Picture of Temple Ceremony Studies Doctrine Mormon

I was just thinking, what about if at that time members in the Church who went through the temple ordinances did not have to vow (like we do now) to not display any kind of information of the temple ceremony itself.

Maybe that's the reason for this picture? Who knows *shrugs*

6th Sep, 2005 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Ceremony Temple Picture

In the mid to late 1800s, people were NOT forbidden to discuss the temple ordinances. Nor were they hesitant to perform them. It was later, I believe after President Grant changed the ordinances, that people were forbidden to discuss them.

I find nothing at all wrong with that headstone.

6th Sep, 2005 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Ceremony Temple Picture

If they were not forbidden then that means that the wording of the endowment was also different, since it is made very clear now that none of the signs or symbols should be discussed save for a special place within the Temple.

I am surprised no one has taken the challenge on the five pointed star. I believe this symbol designates the bright star that pointed to the place where Christ was born, but I feel for others it may take on a very different meaning.

6th Sep, 2005 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Picture of Temple Ceremony

should be discussed save for a special place within the Temple.

I suppose this is also a matter of interpretation. Many members said they were told by temple workers and even temple presidents that they are not supposed to discuss the signs or symbols at all, not even within the temple walls.

I do not see anything wrong with the headstone also.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Sep, 2005 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Picture Temple Ceremony - Page 2

The wording must have been changed, as it used to be that people would meet around the kitchen table and discuss the mysteries of Godliness, including learning from each other what they had learned in the temple. Now, my memory might be fading a bit, but I thought there was only one particular part that was reserved for a special time and place within the Temple.

Hmm, does that mean that if an angel came in response to a request for messengers, that the active, conscientious member of the Church should refuse to use what he learned? Or, should he refuse to ask questions about the Endowment?

Something to think about. After all, if we aren't supposed to discuss these things at all outside the Temple....

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2006 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Picture Temple Ceremony Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

The constellation Ursa Major or Great Bear, also known as the Big Dipper appears on the west wall of the center tower of the Salt Lake Temple.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Picture of Temple Ceremony

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,