Exact time of His coming - Page 3 of 8

According to the newspaper article below, - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2005 - 6:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
9th Apr, 2004 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming - Page 3

Yes, my time line is very short. And I firmly believe it.

I think that the great missionary work that really brings people out of the world will be performed by the 144,000 after the real tribulations begin.

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2004 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

coming of time Exact

The 144,000 represent worthy high priests already on the earth, they are seen as the real meat of the Church, are you of this thinking or who for you are the 144,000? In what way do you believe they will 'take over' the missionary work? As an added note, McConkie listed 56 points i believe that must happen before the Lord comes, I do not have the book in front of me but I think only 3 or 4 are left to be accomplished.

10th Apr, 2004 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming Studies Doctrine Mormon

I don't believe that the 144,000 are high priests among the church right now, as they are drawn from all 12 tribes. They won't come forth until the 10 tribes are gathered.

Yes, Revelation is very clear that they will be doing the missionary work in the very last days. Robert Smith, in his book about the Last Days, says that our present missionary work is like fishing. We put out the bait and work any that nibble at it. But the 144,000 will be on a hunting expedition. They will be tracking specific people, based on guidance of the Spirit.

10th Apr, 2004 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 coming of time Exact

I do expect to see something like this to happen either this year, or in 4 years - having to do with the general election in the US, as there are specific signs that I believe will occur.

What's your reasoning behind those 4 to 7 years? and what's the conection between Christ's coming and general elections in the US?

10th Apr, 2004 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

coming of time Exact

3 1/2 to 7 years come mostly from Revelation. Isaiah indicates a slightly different timeline, two 3 year periods. So, I expect a 3 1/2 year "exodus" or "tent city" life as the faithful saints go through their "wilderness" experience.

This would probably be followed by a 3 1/2 year period where the saints return and work with the Lamanites (Lehites) and the 10 tribes to build the New Jerusalem.

As for the US Presidential election, that is based on predictions made by Bishop Koyle of the "Dream Mine" where he said that a Republican presidency would be assassinated or destroyed just before a general election, and that it would throw the US government into such confusion that by the next April, there wouldn't be an organization to even collect taxes.

After Tom Clancy wrote his book, Debt of Honor, I saw how this could happen. Then, we get 9/11 (which was eerie in how similar it was to Clancy's book), and we see how it would be possible for someone to kill the President, the VP, most of the Cabinet, and much of the Congress, all at once.

Anyway, Bishop Koyle said that this would be one of the major signs of the Mine coming in, which would then be a major force towards the temporal salvation of many saints and building up the society and city of Zion. At the same time, the economy of the US goes completely into the tank, and the country is overrun by invaders.

So, that is the thumbnail sketch.

11th Apr, 2004 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming

Nighthawk, very interesting!. I personally think the world is going to become so bad before the second coming that we will not be able to leave our houses, but I personally doubt that it would be in such a short period as you describe. I don't know, I am keeping my eyes wide open regards to the US in general, Bush, Iraq, the Middle East...etc, I think the Coming is near, how near? I don't have a clue.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Apr, 2004 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of coming - Page 3

One of the things I am watching for is a violent destruction of much of the US government, including the President, VP, and much, if not all, of the line of succession to the presidency.

Because of my awareness of this, I was struck by the fact that the US Congress is now addressing part of that very possibility. Look here for more information about this.

If such a thing happened, there would be horrible chaos within the US, at least for a short time. Based on much of what I believe about the last days, I think that this event comes very shortly before the terrible droughts, and just before the invasion of the US by at least two major foreign powers.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2005 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

Exact time of coming Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

According to the newspaper article below, Pres. Hinckley has declared the recent natural disasters like the tsunami, the earthquake in Iran and flooding in the western U.S. are biblical signs of the second coming.

https://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_058222601.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Exact time of His coming

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,