Exact time of His coming - Page 4 of 8

I agree with nighthawk, we are already getting - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Oct, 2005 - 6:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
3rd Mar, 2005 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming - Page 4

I am very impressed with this news. It is the very first time in many years that I have heard of any GA saying that there are currently any signs of Christ's return.

In fact, just a year or so ago, President Packer spoke in General Conference to indicate that it was unlikely that his grandchildren would see the Second Coming.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2005 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

coming of time Exact

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 3-Mar 05, 12:56 PM)
In fact, just a year or so ago, President Packer spoke in General Conference to indicate that it was unlikely that his grandchildren would see the Second Coming.

I know which talk you are referring to but I never noticed any refrence that his grandchildren will not witness the second coming. So, I went back and read it again. I think this is the quote you are referring to:

That guiding, comforting Spirit, with which we in the Church are so familiar, brought to my remembrance what I already knew. The fear of the future was gone. That bright-eyed, little two-year-old can have a good life-a very good life-and so can his children and his grandchildren, even though they will live in a world where there is much of wickedness.

So, he is saying his 2 year old grand son will live in a world of wickedness, as will his children and grandchildren. Obviously, if you live in a world of wickedness, this is before the second coming. Someone who is 2 years old now, will have to wait about 40 years before he has any grandchildren, and then those grandchildren will have to live in a wicked world. He does not specify that they will live their entire life in a wicked world but you get the impression their experiences will be in a wicked world, so add another generation and we are up to around the year 2100.

Another theory is he was just referring to the world we now live in as wicked and he wasn't meaning to make any point that his great, great granchildren will not live during the millenium.

3rd Mar, 2005 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming Studies Doctrine Mormon

Pres. Packer's statement in my opinion are just his personal opinion...therefore it should be taken like any other member's opinion. Nobody knows the time of the Second Coming, not even the angels of the Lord!.

3rd Mar, 2005 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 coming of time Exact

I think I mixed up two references. I don't have the resources (time) to look them up right now.

One had some reference to being able to plant a pair of trees, let them grow, and make a hammock on them, without a concern that the tribulations were near.

Yes, I know that it is his opinion. That is my point. The GAs don't seem to have much at all to say about end times events. President Hinckley's statement is the first recorded that I have seen in a very long time to indicate that the signs of the final acts are appearing.

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2005 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

coming of time Exact

"Brothers and sisters, the prophecies of Christ's first coming were fulfilled, 'every whit.' As a result, many throughout the world believe that the Savior did come and did live in the meridian of time. But there are still many prophecies yet to be fulfilled! In this and other conferences, we hear living prophets prophesy and testify of Christ's Second Coming. They also witness of the signs and wonders all about us, telling us that Christ will surely come again. Are we choosing to believe their words? Or despite their witnesses and warnings, are we waiting for evidence--are we 'walking in darkness at noon-day' (D&C 95:6), refusing to see by the light of modern prophecy, and denying that the Light of the World will return to rule and reign among us?"
-- "Finding Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ," Ensign, Nov. 2004, 71

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2005 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

Exact time of His coming

Joseph, my son if thou livest until thou art eighty-five years old, thou shalt see the face of the Son of Man; therefore let this suffice, and trouble me no more on this matter.
"I was left thus, without being able to decide whether this coming referred to the beginning of the millennium or to some previous appearing, or whether I should die and thus see his face. I believe the coming of the Son of Man will not be any sooner than that time." ( D & C 130: 14-17.)

It's a very interesting quote but one small problem check the wording, it says, "...IF thou livest until thou art eighty-five years old. Since Joseph Smith, didn't live that long then the time of the exact time of His coming is unknown. I can tell you this much on the year of his coming, I don't remember where I read it but, it says that the year that we don't have a rainbow that will mean his coming will be with in the year. I may be misquoting also. Some one check up on that please.

Reconcile Edited: Weisenberger on 17th Oct, 2005 - 4:08pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Oct, 2005 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of coming - Page 4

But you also must remember that it was said he will come early to save his children, and remember what was said at conference priesthood meeting about the things to come. So we are to expect much more before it gets to bad he will come.

Two L D S prophets mentioned somethings about going back to missouri as well and the outlook insinuates that there is allot to happen to wipeout allot of people.

19th Oct, 2005 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of coming Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

I agree with nighthawk, we are already getting a taste of what more is to come, when katrina hit the whole city of New Orleans broke out in anarchy and the world is wicked and evil now, there are so many horrible things going on even within the government, and so many laws and values have turned away from god, generation after generation are turning away from god because they are being raised to believe that gay marriage is right or euthanasia is the way to go for helpless human beings, you cant even put gods name anywhere without getting a lawsuit against you, there are so many children being raised in single parent homes(usually to teenage mothers) and same sex parenting and they are being raised with totally different values that goes against his word, the world is a totally different place than when I was young, lets hope he does come soon. wink.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Exact time of His coming

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,