Exact time of His coming - Page 5 of 8

Good question. Too bad I don't have - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2007 - 11:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Post Date: 25th Oct, 2005 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

Exact time of His coming - Page 5

I am very late in this discussion, but only because I just recently rejoined the board. This is one of my favorite topics.

As for when Christ will return it's anybody's guess, however there are certain things that must happen before Christ can return. There needs to be a temple built in Independence, Missouri which is where the New Jeruselam is supposed to be. I believe that the temple must also be built in Jeruselam at the same site as the Dome of the Rock is right now before Christ can return. These are just a couple of prohecies which we've been told will occur before the second coming.

One that I would really like to focus on is the return of the lost ten tribes. This is not the same as the gathering of Israel, which is occuring right now, but this is a seperate occurence and an event in and of itself. I've heard different theories on this. I have heard that the lost ten tribes will return just before the second coming and then I've heard they will return after. I'm not sure if there's anything scriptural about it. I haven't done the search and I suppose I should.

Anyway, the reason I'm interested in this is because of my patriarchal blessing which states that I will be a leader at the time that the lost ten tribes return and take their places under the organizations of which I'm a leader. Now, I do realize that this can occur after death, but for some reason I have a feeling it means before death. So, depending on which view you take as to when the lost ten tribes return, either way it seems like it's going to be soon... especially since I'm 45 years old right now. Either that, or I just haven't lived worthily enough to live up to my patriarchal blessing, or it does mean I will be a leader after death and I will be resurrected to help lead when they return... which would mean they return after the millenium. Just a few thoughts along with a little personal information.

Sheryl

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2006 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

coming of time Exact

There are some Elders here who have put together a real good mathematical estimation according to a calender of some of the native americans and have an exact year! The calender says that a certain number of 52 years will pass by before his coming and when they did the math it came out to be 2028! this is the start of the 7th seal and is time for the Lord to rein on the earth! The scriptures also say that we could find out when he would come again, just that we wouldn't be told!

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2006 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

Exact time of His coming Studies Doctrine Mormon

There are some Elders here who have put together a real good mathematical estimation according to a calender of some of the native americans and have an exact year!

theDRrocks, I would be very careful about what some Elders say, just like a lot of us has pointed including yourself. That no man knows the hour of his coming including the Son only the Father knoweth. Just because some Elders say this it doesn't mean it is true.

2028! this is the start of the 7th seal and is time for the Lord to rein on the earth!

Joseph Smith warned against such things, several christians have claimed that Christ will return in a certain year and that year comes and goes and nothing happens. So when someone tells you that Christ will return in a certain year don't believe them.

The scriptures also say that we could find out when he would come again, just that we wouldn't be told!

True the Scriptures tell us that we could find out, but the way he wants us to find out is by understanding the prophecies that are given concerning his second coming.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2006 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

Page 5 coming of time Exact

Ok. I understand. Thanks so much. I have come here to learn and find new points of view and thought on the things I have learned and I am already on my way. Your are right, I shouldn't just believe what I hear, and I plan on searching it out for myself. I really like what you said about knowing through the prophecies...so I will study them.

Message Edited!
Persephone; Spelling corrected - use Spell Checker before posting

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2006 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

coming of time Exact

I was at a stake leadership conference once several years ago in Arizona when one of the Twelve gave a candid off-the-record guess for the Second Coming as between 2025-2040 A.D. I also read an apocryphal article saying it'll undoubtedly be on an April 6, so the writer was looking up all the years when April 6 falls on a Sunday, and speculating on which of those years it might be.

I used to think it would come in my lifetime, but I'm losing hope the older I get. When I was an undergrad at BYU the Brethren used to get us all hyped up with talks about "you're the generation," and "this is the late Saturday night of time", but now it's a generation later and the world is wickeder, yet it still seems a long way off. Think of the things that have to happen first: the Gospel preached in all the world (that Iraq mission's still a ways off), the Jackson County temple built, the Lamanites rising up as a young lion, return of the 10 tribes from the north, etc.

I read a prophecy that things will eventually get so bad that the more righteous among us will be praying day and night for Him to come. Not saying I'm one of those, but it's sure cropping up a lot in my prayers these days!

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2006 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

Exact time of His coming

I was at a stake leadership conference once several years ago in Arizona when one of the Twelve gave a candid off-the-record guess for the Second Coming as between 2025-2040 A.D. I also read an apocryphal article saying it'll undoubtedly be on an April 6, so the writer was looking up all the years when April 6 falls on a Sunday, and speculating on which of those years it might be.

zeze, What I am about to say may sound like I'm falling away but let me assure you I am no where near leaving this wonderful church. Not everything Apostles or even the Prophet says is God's word, So when this Apostle said that the Second Coming is between 2025-2040 (I believe this is just his Opinion) and Apostles are entitled to their own opinion.

I also read an apocryphal article saying it'll undoubtedly be on an April 6, so the writer was looking up all the years when April 6 falls on a Sunday, and speculating on which of those years it might be.

Can you provide a reference for this, as much as I've read as far as Apocryphal writings go I've never seen this. Or heard of this being the day.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2007 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

Exact time of coming - Page 5

Nighthawk: What are your references to support that there will be a apostacy of a large populous of the members of the church prior to the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ?

Bishop Koyle?

2nd Jul, 2007 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

Exact time of coming Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

Good question. Too bad I don't have an answer. I have not been following things very closely any more, and I can't remember where I found that tidbit.

Most likely, it is an amalgamation of sources, including Bishop Koyle, other private individuals who have received visions and dreams, and the book of Isaiah. In fact, Isaiah 28 has lots of indications concerning apostasy.

I might look around and find my sources, if there is enough real interest.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Exact time of His coming

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,