Exact time of His coming - Page 6 of 8

I don't know the year, but I can guess at - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th May, 2009 - 4:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2007 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

Exact time of His coming - Page 6

I am finding this discussion very interesting. I just joined this board. I would just like to say that it is very clear to me that the 2 major signs we must look for are the building of the New Jerusalem Temple, and the building of the Old Jerusalem Temple. I won't buy that we are even close until I see those two signs. Once those are in place, then it could be any day after that.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2007 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

coming of time Exact

There is one sign that is more sure then that kokobim, and that is the sign of the Rainbow.

Which states that in the year that the rainbow is withdrawn the second coming is nigh even that year.

Not the exact quote, I'm at a public computer so I don't have all my resourses available.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2007 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

Exact time of His coming Studies Doctrine Mormon

well, see, I know you are right about that. However, I wouldn't even consider that we are in close proximity to the second coming until I see those two temples go up. I think that is the point I'm trying to make. A year without rainbows would mean we would be a year away. These temples have to go up a long time before the year of no rainbows. Further, there is a space of time of at least seven years or more before the actual time of the Lord's coming in glory after the battle of Armageddon, because it takes the people of Israel 7 years to burn all their fuel and bury their dead. That indicates that the coming in glory happens quite a few years even after the battle of Armageddon.

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2007 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

Page 6 coming of time Exact

There is nothing in my patriarchal blessing that leads me to believe that I'll live to see the second coming of Christ, but I wouldn't put it out of question. I think it's possible that it'll happen in my lifetime because I'm fairly young, and I believe my sister's said that her son(s) (though she only has one right now) would live to usher in the new millennium. He was born in 1995, but assuming she has another son in this life, that day could be as much as 90 years from now. I'm confused about that quote concerning the rising generation and how the numbers all work out, so if anybody can explain to me that'd be helpful. I don't mind if it happens in my lifetime, nor do I mind if it does. I think it's safe to say that we should live as if it's going to happen soon.

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2009 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming
A Friend

coming of time Exact

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this really interests me.

Nighthawk, I can definitely now see why there might be an upset in the US's governmental system now. I am not at all taking a political stance in what I am about to say, but I could definitely believe that Obama will be the victim of several assassination attempts, if not the real thing. There are many secret societies in America like the KKK.

JB, if could you please reference where that list of events that Elder McConkie made is found, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I thought, in addition to the temples being built in their respective Jerusalems, that we would get the book of Lehi back? I thought that one of our modern day prophets would translate it so we could have it back? Maybe it wasn't the book of Lehi, but I thought we were supposed to get the scripture that was lost by Martin Harris.

I would also like to know the reference for the year of no rainbows as well. I have heard that before, but I cannot find the reference.

5th Jan, 2009 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of His coming

QUOTE (Spencer)
JB, if could you please reference where that list of events that Elder McConkie made is found, it would be greatly appreciated.

Mormon Doctrine, look under "Second Coming". I think he lists 60 events that should happen before His Coming.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this really interests me.

No Topic is considered old. Reply to any you like. There are in fact many Topics related to this one.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jan, 2009 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Exact time of coming - Page 6

I think often times, as we get older, we worry that it will be our young children that will have to face the brunt of terrible prophesied events. I look at them now and kind of wonder, if its this bad now, how can these little ones handle a life that is much worse.

I am scared for them sometimes and believe that it will be in their lifetimes when the Second Coming will occur.

But as quickly as world events occur now, it could very well happen within a decade or two, without much warning to the spiritually ignorant (I have been in this group at times in my life)

17th May, 2009 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Exact time of coming Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

I don't know the year, but I can guess at what day the Savior will come down. April 6th, this is an important day throughout time. It is the day that Jesus was born, the day that He died, and I think it is the day that Jesus will return.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Exact time of His coming

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,