Angels Mating with Humans?

Angels Mating Humans - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Nov, 2002 - 11:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
30th Sep, 2002 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Okay, I have seen the need in this forum to discuss more openly those subjects we want to find out more about or share our knowledge with each other rather than just post small messages without any effect. There is a subject that I'm wondering about for the past weeks. Angels mating with humans.

In Genesis 6 (depending what version of the Bible you have) it reads:

international QUOTE
"1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the Sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were GIANTS in the earth  in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children
to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

It's interesting to notice that in other versions of the Bible (this one I quoted was JKV version) instead to say 'Angels' says 'Sons of God'. In the Book of Enoch (even though is NOT part of Bible, some scholars consider it scripture because it has been lost for so long time) it reads in chapter 6:
international QUOTE
"1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto 2 them
beautiful and comely daughters. And the ANGELS, the CHILDREN OF THE HEAVEN, saw and lusted after them,
and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men 3 and beget us
children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not 4 indeed agree to do this
deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us
all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations 5 not to abandon this plan but to do this
thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves 6 by mutual imprecations upon it. And they
were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they
called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn 7 and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon
it. And these are the names of their leaders: Semjaza, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel,
Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, 8 Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaqeel, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel,
Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.
"

In Second Peter chapter two it reads:
international QUOTE
"4 For if God spared not the ANGELS that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment

In Jude chapter 6 reads:

international QUOTE
" And the ANGELS which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved an everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day"

What kind of angels are these?. Did in fact real angels came down to earth and mate with humans and conceive children? why we don't talk about this so openly? why it was changed the word 'angels' and replaced with Sons of God?
Anyone who would like to give inputs on this are more than welcome.

Sponsored Links:
30th Sep, 2002 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Humans Mating Angels

I wish I had like many others to type long answers to questions like these, maybe someone will be willing to take the time to tell you the principles of heaven and that Angels do not descend to earth and mate with humans, but I will go through some quick points:

1. The 'angels' that were cast from heaven are in fact Lucifer and those that followed him. They are only referred to as angels, but because they never had a body - they can really be seen as spirits and not capable of procreation or having a body 'legally'

2. About the scriptures that you quoted. You may want to refer to the JS translation. Some notes I have on that are; Genesis 6 uses the term 'Sons of God' meaning that the men that had this plan were probably under a covenant with God. Actually, being a son of God is used quite a lot through the scriptures. We are all children of God thus we are literally sons and daughters of God. Notice that to refer to THE SON meaning Christ often Heavenly Father will use 'Only Begotten Son' which distinguishes Christ from His brothers and sisters. (note the baptism, first vision, etc)

3. The woman taken in marriage were probably 'outside' women or women not under the same covenant and thus, as in olden times, it was considered a sin to marry outside the covenant.

4. Lastly, just to note. In the olden days, Goliath (slain by David) was not an unusual warrior, he actually came from a race of giants that walked the earth. We are made to understand that most of these giants were put first into battle and eventually became extinct.

Summary - so basically these scriptures are all talking about various things, the fall, some covenant boys who wanted to marry outside the covenant and as for the Book of Enoch - it is not yet realted to the standard works as 'official scripture' most likely because of the way it was translated, therefore cannot say much there except for what the Lord says in D&C 91:1-2. Note the Lord says it was not needful for Joseph to translate all the scriptures not part of what they had then or what we have now.... I guess the Lord feels we have enough for salvation and wanted us to focus on the Book of Mormon.

30th Sep, 2002 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Angels Mating with Humans? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Thanks for the answer JB, I will go to some of your points:

You said that the fallen angels don't have body and because they don't have one it's impossible for them to mate with the humans. I totally agree with you on that.
About the JST I know it reads different to the other bibles, I was expecting you to give me an answer not in the JS translation ;D because most of the people have other versions of the scriptures. Anyhow, I read before about this but for some reason, I'm not totally convinced in that point (just an interfaith marriage)
You said also that Goliath and the giants on those times were in fact a race...okay...but for a person to be a giant it must have parents who are giants too how they were born? what we know about them? because in the scriptures besides Goliath there is not more references than that. A person doesn't born 7 feet tall just like that! smile.gif
I think most of the religions are afraid to leave the word 'angels' in the scriptures because it would mean they have to accept this concept of them mating with women from the earth and it's shocking.! :o

3rd Oct, 2002 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

Humans Mating Angels

It does not make sense for me to use a mistranslated scripture to explain something. there are many scriptures in the Bible like that. There is even one in the old Testament that says God repented of the evil which he hath done... which of course is a direct mistranslation sice God does no evil and thus does not repent.

With regards to Goliath - yes they exsisted. From institute and other research there are some historical recordings of 'giants' that fought in battle. I do not have notes in front of me right now, but maybe someone who has the time will post something for you.

3rd Oct, 2002 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Humans Mating Angels

Don't take me wrong. I believe Goliath existed and he is part of a race...I just want to know more about it because since he was a giant it's pretty much sure his parents were giants also. What do we know about them??? what kind of relationship they had with 'humans' ? did they mate with normal people or they only were allowed to be with people of their own 'race?"

Post Date: 6th Nov, 2002 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The story of angels mating with mortal females is found in the Book of Enoch

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Nov, 2002 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

Angels Mating Humans

Brian, nice to see ya here.  Tell me, what's are your views on this subject? is this a mistranslation or real angels mate with humans?

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2002 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Angels Mating Humans Mormon Doctrine Studies

My feeling is that I don't know, but maybe yes, and the angels are not the ones that followed Satan to earth.  Angels and humans are all basically of the same race and I would not hesitate to think that the reproductive process is somewhat the same, but for right now I would not teach that as a doctrine, but as an opinion of mine.

What it would suggest to me is the possibility that Adam was the first of the human race (which is essentially the same race as angels) and perhaps God created more after Adam like he created Adam.  I don't know but I have fun thinking about this.  A lot of the legends and myths of old are easily understood as being prior to the flood, stories of Titans etc can all be demonstated as being issues of a predeluvian society.  The Greeks have a myth about the world flood as well.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Angels Mating with Humans?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,