Angels Mating with Humans? - Page 4 of 5

OK a few thoughts of mine: a) On the teaching - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2009 - 4:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2009 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Angels Mating with Humans?
A Friend

Angels Mating with Humans? - Page 4

Thus spoke Zen:

Many are blinded by false truths bearing resemblence to truth.

The sons of God mentioned are those who are righteous priesthood holders, the daughters of men are the daughters of those who are worldly. That is what Joseph Smith taught. Christian teachers pollute the truths, Angels have never, came to earth to procreate, and satan and his followers have not the ability to procreate. That is a power that only resides with God and mortals, none else.

Sponsored Links:
25th Sep, 2009 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Humans Mating Angels

Ahhh....you think like my husband. However, run this through your thoughts.

Why was there war in heaven....why is there ever war? Because the opposing side thinks it is worth a try if they should win. Why are there rules? Because there is a consequence if they are broken...usually bad for the rest of us, but maybe good for the person who breaks it.

In the book of Enoch...it talks about thrones being protected by Cherubim....why would the throne need to be protected if there was no threat?

So what I'm getting at is, that Satan is and has waged a huge war on this world for our souls....why would he do that if he didn't think that maybe just maybe he could win. I think Satan is a cheater....he abides by no rules of God, only his own. I think Satan has been privy to knowledge of the creation, I would not be surprised if Satan tried to find a way to "increase."

Ohh, and where did the dinosaurs come from....could those be the giants they are speaking of?

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2009 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Angels Mating with Humans? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I take that has a compliment being compared to you husband, must be a good man.

Has far as Satan finding a way to increase, with out a body of flesh and bone (or blood for us mortals, increasing (or reproducing) is impossible in the Kingdom of God, even Satan is in God's Kingdom, (Just the lowest part).

Has for the dinosaurs possible coming from humans is genetically impossible, and a violation of the Kingdom of God.

I agree Satan does have knowledge of the creation, he saw it happen.

26th Sep, 2009 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Humans Mating Angels

international QUOTE (Zen Mormon @ 25-Sep 09, 5:35 PM)
Christian teachers pollute the truths, Angels have never, came to earth to procreate, and satan and his followers have not the ability to procreate. That is a power that only resides with God and mortals, none else.

How do christian teachers pollute the truth? Also could you please provide a source of your claims on this topic you know what am I saying so far it seems like it is your opinion but then you mentioned JS so I would like to read the source thanks.

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2009 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Humans Mating Angels

SuzieSu wrote:

international QUOTE
so far it seems like it is your opinion but then you mentioned JS so I would like to read the source thanks.

I too. It would be nice to see what Joseph taught about it. Hugh Nibley in
December Ensign, 1976, A Strange Thing in the Land: The Return of the Book of Enoch, Part 8, covers all the versions of the Fallen Angels or the Sons of God.

He concludes that the Book of Enoch as restored by Joseph Smith teaches that the Sons of God were men who had been righteous who had apostatized.

He wrote:
international QUOTE
It is the Joseph Smith Enoch which gives the most convincing solution: the beings who fell were not angels but men who had become sons of God. From the beginning, it tells us, mortal men could qualify as 'sons of God," beginning with Adam.

He added:
international QUOTE
The situation was, then, that the sons of God, or their daughters who had been initiated into a spiritual order, departed from it and broke their vows, mingling with those who observed only a carnal law.

"Why have you left heaven [and] the Exalted One," says Enoch in a Gizeh fragment "and "¦ with the daughters of men defiled yourselves? "¦ Ye have behaved as sons of Earth and begotten to yourselves giant sons. And you were once holy, spiritual, eternal beings "¦ and have lusted after the flesh "¦ as do mortal and perishable creatures." 313

What made the world of Enoch so singularly depraved as to invite total obliteration was the deliberate and systematic perversion of heavenly things to justify wickedness.

When one has had ones calling and election made sure, one becomes a son of God. I remind that John Pratt, whom I quoted earlier stated it as his opinion that the Sons of God were from the translated City of Enoch. Thus, they had their calling and election sure and had become something special, essentially gods.

Zen Mormon wrote:
international QUOTE
with out a body of flesh and bone (or blood for us mortals, increasing (or reproducing) is impossible in the Kingdom of God,...

The Joseph Smith papyri shows a drawing from the records of Joseph, of Eve talking to a serpent with two long legs. It would seem, the serpent was real. If possessed by Satan, he would be physical enough.

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2009 - 5:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Only one problem with that steve, the offspring would still be of the species he possessed. It wouldn't be Satans.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Sep, 2009 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

Angels Mating Humans - Page 4

Snakes with legs look kind-of like dinosaurs. In the book of Isaiah, he talks about from the root of a serpent and a cock comes the cockatrice (flying serpent looking dragon thing). Kind of Jurassic park how they hatched everything from a frog egg...

I totally didn't get that the Sons of God were individuals with their calling elect made sure....very interesting....very insightful. Nor did I get that they were the Sons of God from the translated city of Enoch....thanks for that information, very enlightening!

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2009 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Angels Mating Humans Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

OK a few thoughts of mine:

a) On the teaching that all angels who come here would be men from this world, and none else -> This would contradict a teaching that righteous men from this world go to preach on other worlds of God. If the Gospel rules are always the same - which they are - this would be a contradiction

b) The angels/sons of God in Genesis -> I'm not sure if they were priesthood bearers or really angels

c) Can angels infact mate with Humans? -> Depends on the kind of angel they are. Check out D&C 129 and you will see that not all angels are lacking bodies. Some angels in fact have bodies of flesh and bone. Mind also that we were taught "there are but two kinds of beings in Heaven" the one's with a body, and the one's without. Both are referred to as angels. The God of this world has been referred to as an "archangel" by some, or simply as a head-angel. We know for sure that He can physically procreate, both spirit children and physical mortal children. That He can mate we know if we understand the birth of our Savior (very good talk by Joseph F. Smith on that from 1910s... I don't have it with me, but can get it sometime). So we know that at least some angels can procreate, and probably more can mate (you can have sex even if your body does not have what is necessary to beget children). I think yes, angels with bodies are definitely able to mate with men if they would so choose, though not beget children. They would fall though if they did, for the women they would lie with (or they men they'd lie down with) would not be their appointed spouses, with the only exception being the "Angel" that comes to beget the Savior. If there is eternal progression, it is probable that even an Angel with a body would have the ability to fall. This would answer question a), as they would by choice not be bound to God's law anymore, but still to certain limitations. All angels with bodies have the ability to mate with the physical bodies of men, but only one can do so on each world with one person that will beget a child without sin.

d) On Heaven being "active": What is Heaven but the community of the Gods, amongst which the Spirit Children may dwell? Those Heavenly Parents sure will be "active", for they have millions of worlds to fill with millions of children. They would be active without falling out of Heaven for doing so, as they would fulfill a Holy Ordinance (and isn't that what the physical union of husband and wife is? Holy? We just so often abuse and misuse it, that it becomes anything but Holy...)

These are just my two-cents on what has been discussed so far...

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Angels Mating with Humans?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,