Angels Mating with Humans? - Page 5 of 5

Name: LexxTalon Country: Comments: I know - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2011 - 11:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
2nd Oct, 2009 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Angels Mating with Humans? - Page 5

I like what you have to say. Joseph Smith did describe the Angel Moroni as having a physical body, like a man, and I'm pretty sure he referred to him having equipment just like a man. So there you go, some angles do have bodies; I would assume the beings that have already come to earth to obtain their bodies, and did such a good job, they became an angel....like Moroni. Angels are men, with extra powers and abilities....Angel is probably a more better term for "calling" than species.

Very good, very good, Deep South. If you want to read more about the angles mating with men....read out of the Book of Enoch....you can find it online, it's relatively short....and he describes the matter in more detail.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2009 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Angels Mating with Humans?
A Friend

Humans Mating Angels

OK, how is it that people get the term sons of God confused with angels, the term angels isn't in the verse we are talking about.

Post Date: 5th Oct, 2009 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Angels Mating with Humans? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Zen Mormon said:

international QUOTE
the offspring would still be of the species he possessed. It wouldn't be Satans.

How do you know? You"re going off of mortal and current science. This is off the charts. Things are a little different when these types of things occur. For instance:

When Alma the Younger was sinning, his father, who had his calling and election made sure, prayed for his son, and the angel had to come and do something. (Mosiah 27:14).
Robert Matthews said:
international QUOTE
If you make your calling and election sure, the Lord blesses you with renewal of body.  This has a genetical influence on the children, influencing them for righteousness."  (as quoted by my institute teacher, Gary Graff).

Heber C. Kimball wrote:
international QUOTE
When wives become one with their husbands, when there is no evil interruption, children will be begotten, born and reared under greatly improved spiritual influences.  The Holy Ghost will rest upon and dwell with the parents, and their offspring will be mighty and godlike. ...If I do not have the Holy Ghost, I shall not produce the fruit that is designed by the holy order of matrimony. ...How long will it be before we will have children filled with the Holy Ghost from their birth,...even sons and daughter of God?--
  -Turner, Woman and the Priesthood, 291-2; JD 4:277.

So, holy conditions of conception create godlike children. The opposite would be true. They were called giants. Anyway, if Satan had possessed a snake, their offspring would be half human, half snake, right?

Old South said:
international QUOTE

a) On the teaching that all angels who come here would be men from this world, and none else -> This would contradict a teaching that righteous men from this world go to preach on other worlds of God. If the Gospel rules are always the same - which they are - this would be a contradiction

Hugh Nibley wrote that this world was special, being the one on which Christ would work out the atonement, and the one on which Satan was cast into. As such, this world was quarantined and not part of the general communication permitted among all other worlds.

Zen Mormon said:
international QUOTE
the term angels isn't in the verse we are talking about.

Look at the first post.

Rather off topic, but...
Sorry, I guess Satan creating offspring isn't quite the same as the fallen angels. (if there were any. I'll try to post what the Kabbalah teaches about the origin of evil spirits soon.)

5th Oct, 2009 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Humans Mating Angels

international QUOTE (Drea @ 2-Oct 09, 8:00 PM)
Joseph Smith did describe the Angel Moroni as having a physical body, like a man, and I'm pretty sure he referred to him having equipment just like a man.

When giving statements like that its only fair to provide sources you know what am I saying? Its insane...where did JS mention Moroni having "equipment" like a man? I cant even think of a context where he would mention something like that.One thing is to say he has a body which you did but then you're stating he referred to him as having "equipment". I would love to see a quote from him on that you know what am I saying? Looking forward to that quote Drea.

Also folks just because some angels may have a body doesnt mean they have the power to procreate (just like many men are unable to do it).

Post Date: 5th Oct, 2009 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Humans Mating Angels

OneTrueSteve, what do you mean with

international QUOTE
"Hugh Nibley wrote that this world was special, being the one on which Christ would work out the atonement , and the one on which Satan was cast into. As such, this world was quarantined and not part of the general communication permitted among all other worlds."

The way I read this I cannot agree, but maybe I misunderstand what you are trying to say. The part "THE Christ would work out THE Atonement" makes it appear as if there would be but one atonement for ALL the worlds of our Father. This statement would be incorrect, for the prophets have taught from the beginning that each world had it's own savior. This is related to the false doctrine that there is "but one Savior in ALL the worlds" and that His atonement atoned for all there ever was, and all that ever will be. This is logically impossible (for this reasoning would lead to Him having atoned for all the sins in all Eternities in all the worlds, which would necessarily include the sins of His Father during His mortal probabition, long before His own spiritual creation, which would mean that His Father would not have been atoned for unless he had faith in something non-existant) besides contradiciting true doctrine. This arises from a misunderstanding what Christ is. It is true that Christ is Eternal and His Atonement did indeed atone for all throughout all Eternities, but what this is referring to is the Office of Christ, not the personage of Christ as manifested in the Jesus of Nazareth who is the spiritual Father and the Redeemer of this world.

Also, this world cannot be quarantined unless we say the Early prophets who did indeed teach that righteous men would in the spirit (while on this Earth) visit other worlds and teach unto them the fullness of the Gospel have erred.

And as mentioned before, as the laws of the Gospel are eternal, unchangeable, and unalterable - even by the Father Himself, for they are eternal in their nature, and not just relating to our specific earth, thus showing that even our very own creator is not free from the law of the Gospel - this would again negate this earth having a different position and being "quarantined" from the others.

5th Oct, 2009 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

You are right...this was merely an impression I had. After I re-read the Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith...I apologize.

international QUOTE
"He had on a loose robe of most exquisite whiteness.  It was a whiteness beyond anything earthly I had ever seen; nor do I believe that any earthly thing could be made to appear so exceedingly white and brilliant.  His hands were naked, and his arms also, a little above the wrists; so, also were his feet naked, as were his legs, a little above the ankles.  His head and neck were also bare.  I could discover that he had no other clothing on but this robe, as it was open, so that I could see into his bosom."

Sorry, I put together in my little head that his robe was open and he had no other cloths on...but certainly Joseph Smith did not describe the equipment, if any.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Oct, 2009 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Angels Mating Humans - Page 5

This Thread seems to be going Off Topic. This Thread is supposed to be about "Angels Mating With Humans":

international QUOTE (LDS_forever's first Post)
What kind of angels are these?. Did in fact real angels came down to earth and mate with humans and conceive children? why we don't talk about this so openly? why it was changed the word 'angels' and replaced with Sons of God?

If you wish to go into other Topics then please Search for the relevant Thread and Post there, for instance "Focus On Christ" Board.

Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2011 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Angels Mating Humans Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

Name: LexxTalon

Comments: I know that this thread is old, but I found it very interesting... And would like to add my 2¢. The issues here seem to be the definitions of the words themselves. You hear the term "angel" and you instantly form an opinion of the being, which is clouding the actual topic.

It is certainly possible that the authors of these passages referred to any being that seemed to descend from the "heavens" that they didn't understand as "angel". Which would also mean that it is conceivable that several different beings were called "angels". So these beings came down to mate with human women. That makes a lot of sense actually. Earth chicks are hot! laugh.gif!

...But it would also support the concept of "God" creating man in his own image. We have scientific proof of less intelligent, less developed "man' dating thousands of years before recorded history. So... My thoughts have always been to a more realistic account of these events. It is conceivable then that "God" or his "Angels", if you'd like to call them that, mated with the lesser "man" of the time, and created "modern man"... Using his own DNA to seed the first two, or at least a NEW two. This would be a very logical beginning to biblical history, and explains why scientific history and biblical history differ.

I assume that I will be called blasphemous for even considering such concepts... But when definition(which could very well have been mistranslated or fabricated altogether) and clouded sentiment are removed from the story, this is tale you have.

It will be really interesting to see how the story unfolds if you continue with this logical, spiritually-free, telling of it.

I've always pondered the idea that science and religion are not as disconnected, and contradictory to each other, as many would believe, and have us believe. I don't mean that it should be absent spirituality... But that it should be spiritually open-minded. That's what I mean by "spiritually free"

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Angels Mating with Humans?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,