Book of Mormon & Baptism for the Dead

Book Mormon Baptism Dead - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd May, 2014 - 8:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th Mar, 2003 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Book of Mormon & Baptism for the Dead

In the Bible we have a reference about baptism for the dead in 1 Corinthians 15 :29:

international QUOTE

"Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all?..."

What about the Book of Mormon? Why there is no reference about it?

Sponsored Links:
28th Mar, 2003 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Dead the Baptism and Mormon Book

What about the Book of Mormon? Why there is no reference about it?

Well who knows, it might have been in the 116 pages or one of the gold plates that Moroni did not abridge into what we have now. Remember the Book of Mormon is only a very small part of what was recorded.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2012 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Book of Mormon & Baptism for the Dead Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Hanni

Comments: What I don't understand about Mormon baptism for the dead is the time involved. If there is going to be a millenium in the future to sort it all out then why waste si much time trying to search through records and go in temples. My own parents ae fanatics and we missed a lot of time together because they just ha to go to the genealogy library, again and again.

Post Date: 23rd May, 2014 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Dead the Baptism and Mormon Book

"I think that vicarious work for the dead more nearly approaches the vicarious sacrifice of the Savior Himself than any other work of which I know. It is given with love, without hope of compensation, or repayment or anything of the kind. What a glorious principle."

(Gordon B. Hinckley, Ensign, Jan. 1998, 73)

> TOPIC: Book of Mormon & Baptism for the Dead

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,