Opposition as if in the days of Joseph

Opposition Days Joseph - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st May, 2006 - 1:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th Jan, 2003 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

Opposition as if in the days of Joseph

The first organized resistance to the Saints took place in 1833. This started sad events like mobs, murder, beatings, rape, and burnings. We do not have the same trials today in the general sense of the word, but maybe on an individual basis?

On my mission, my companion and I experienced being stoned at, my companion was hit in the eye and of course insulted, etc.

Have you experienced any opposition comparable with the times of the early Church? Please also share how you overcame it.

Sponsored Links:
17th Jan, 2003 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Joseph days the if Opposition

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad)
On my mission, my companion and I experienced being stoned at, my companion was hit in the eye and of course insulted, etc.

Hey, I didn't know that!. Tell us more about this please. I had opposition in my life yes, but I feel too unworthy to even compare my trials and opposition to the ones of the days of Joseph...

21st May, 2006 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Opposition as if in the days of Joseph Studies Doctrine Mormon

There is nothing more to tell really and I do not wish to compare it to that of the early Church. I believe the Church is more about Public Relations now, so a lot of the things focused on are in agreement with others, whereas in the early days many found the Mormons outrageous - hence the persecution. I bet that if as a for instance the Church started Plural Marriage again then I can assure you all that persecution as before would come right back.

> TOPIC: Opposition as if in the days of Joseph

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,