Witnesses of the Book of Mormon

Witnesses Book Mormon - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Oct, 2002 - 4:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
10th Sep, 2002 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Did all the witnesses of the Book of Mormon see the Golden Plates???  (see it and touch it, not with 'spiritual' eyes but with the real ones).
Any info on the subjet would be appreciate it. Thanks

Sponsored Links:
24th Sep, 2002 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Mormon Book the Witnesses

All the witnesses saw the plates and three of them were blessed to also see the angel Moroni. For more info you can read their testimony in the front introduction of the Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

Just a note... some of these witnesses did not remain faithful to the Gospel and were even excommunicated, but even up to the day they died, they never denied the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2002 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Witnesses of the Book of Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

The Three Witnesses did not handle the plates, but the 8 witnesses did. If you want to read primary sources of David Whitmer's experiences you can find them in David Whitmer Interviews: A Restoration Witness, edited by Lyndon W.Cook, and published by Grandin. Close contemporaries relate their experiences with Whitmer.

29th Sep, 2002 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

But the Three witness in their  testimony say they did saw them!

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2002 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

That's correct, the Three Witnesses saw the plates, but they did not handle them. Read The Testimony of The Three Witnesses.

29th Sep, 2002 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

True but the original question was if they saw  the plates and they did,  an Angel showed them the plates!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Sep, 2002 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

Witnesses the Book Mormon

Is there a text that says they absolutely DID NOT touch it? Just because they did not say so in their testimony does not mean they did not touch it. I think the fact that an angel appeared to them has greater strength than if they actually touched it, hence maybe they did not say?

1st Oct, 2002 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Witnesses the Book Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies

Well JB... I think it can be a big deal, do you think they can forget to mention a fact like that?. Nah, I think that they didn't touch it because it was not necessary. It was an Angel who showed it to them so there was no need to touch I think. Anyway, it doesn't make any difference the truth of their testimony about the BOM

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Witnesses of the Book of Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,