Necromancer

Necromancer - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 25th Nov, 2010 - 11:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2010 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Necromancer

Necromancer

Name: Hade

Comments: Is a necromancer a title or special position in Paganism? Someone told me that being a necromancer meant that you were superior in the mystic arts.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2010 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Necromancer
A Friend

Necromancer

Necromancy is the Art of gaining Spiritual Guidance directly from those that have passed - the dead. The stereotype is the medium that gains knowledge of hidden treasure by contacting a spirit. The Fantasy is that of a Magician raising the corpses of the dead to do his will. I suppose you could call using a Qui-Ja board Necromancy.

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2010 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Necromancer Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

Comments: I know what it means with the dead but I was asking if only certain people have the power to do it like a rank or title in Paganism.

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2010 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Necromancer
A Friend

Necromancer

I don't believe "Necromancer" is a title given to anyone in the Real world.
But if using the influence of past souls for spiritual guidance counts, then yes there are countless numbers of these people in every Pagan community, even mine.
In our Circle we would never use the word, the Archetype is too strong. It has a conception of Evil Sorcerers and Fantasy characters. I suppose there are people who use the Title, along with "Warlock" or "Incubus" but I have never met any.
Those Mediums I know are Good People who serve others with good intent.

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2010 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Necromancer

Comments: I understand where you're coming from. I've always wondered about this speaking with the dead idea. I mean how does one verify they're really speaking with the actual dead person and not someone that might have known that person before?

> TOPIC: Necromancer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,