Houdini

Houdini - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2010 - 4:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: For you Houdini was mostly...
  An Actor       7.69%
  A Magician       7.69%
  A Risk Taker       7.69%
  Supernatural       0.00%
  An Escape Artist       23.08%
  A Normal Guy with Tricks       0.00%
  A Mastermind       0.00%
  An Alien       0.00%
  An Illusionist       53.85%
  None of the Above       0.00%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Magician, Actor, Mystic, Escape Artist?
Post Date: 9th Aug, 2004 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Houdini

The man known as 'Houdini' has captured people for many years, even beyond his death many wonder how he did what he did. Some old women believe that he made a pact with the devil that if the evil one would give him powers to escape that in return Houdini promised his soul. What do you think? Why was Houdini capable of such tricks beyond human comprehension?

To read more about Houdini in his own words go to:
https://www.uelectric.com/houdini/himself.html

Sponsored Links:
10th Aug, 2004 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Houdini

Houdini always caught my attention for years. I have read about him quiet a bit and all I can say is that he was an illusionist, people saw what they wanted to see, but not neccesarily true.

10th Aug, 2004 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Houdini Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

Houdini was a great illusionist, escape artist and a debunker of psychics. He spent a lifetime trying to find a real psychic who could contact his beloved mother. In each case he was disappointed and felt so cheated that he made it his lot in life to expose the fakes. I wonder how he would have reacted to someone like John Edward from Crossing Over. I think he would have enjoyed exposing someone like that who prey on people's sorrow. A really good movie about Houdini stars Tony Curtis, it is very true to the man. Even though he exposed the fake psychics he still tried to contact spirits. After he died he had left instructions with his wife to try to contact him. She would know if it was him only by certain phrases he would use, and right up to her death she was unsuccessful. Makes you wonder, huh?

27th Oct, 2004 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Houdini

All I knew about houdini was that he was a great risk taker- like being buried alive with 9 chains on and somehow managing to get out...

Post Date: 9th May, 2006 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Houdini
A Friend

Houdini

Watching old videos of him makes me know him as a great escape artist. To this day there are escape tricks that he did that other magicians don't know how to perform. The fact that his tricks secrets have been kept secret for so long is amazing.

26th Oct, 2007 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Houdini

I was just watching a National Geographic special on Halloween and they were saying that Houdini died on Halloween morning of a ruptured appendix. His wife thereafter held gatherings each night on the 31st of October in order to try and contact her husband. It is said that magicians who revere Houdini also do the same today, not to make contact, but just out of respect.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2010 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Houdini

Houdini Unlocking the Mystery - In a feature-length special, hosted by renowned magician Lance Burton, we explore the life and magic of the great escape artist through his most prized possessions: the Chinese Water Torture Cell, the Milkcan, his straitjackets and handcuffs, and lockpicks that were "key" to his handcuff escapes, revealed to the public for the first time. We also unlock secrets of the man-brash showman, fierce competitor, loyal son and husband. With expert commentary, including a great-nephew and the last surviving member of his magic troop.

Houdini
Houdini (Hover)

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2010 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Houdini
A Friend

Houdini Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

One Profile of Houdini that does not surprize me is that he was very proud of his fitness. Legend has it that in his vanity he would challenge people to punch him in the stomach to show how tough he was. Apparently he did this before the show of the illusion that killed him. It was that of the Water Kettle, where he would have to hold his breath for several minutes. This time his boastful stunt of having his abdomen punched proved fatal as the strike prevented him from holding his breath well enough. He was drowned by the act and the powerful blow that he had suffered.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Houdini

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,