Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

Dungeons & Dragons Reviews
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2010 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

Suggestion Spell

Suggestion Spell

D&D Description of the Suggestion Spell : You influence the actions of the target creature by suggesting a course of activity (limited to a sentence or two). The suggestion must be worded in such a manner as to make the activity sound reasonable. Asking the creature to do some obviously harmful act automatically negates the effect of the spell.

The suggested course of activity can continue for the entire duration. If the suggested activity can be completed in a shorter time, the spell ends when the subject finishes what it was asked to do. You can instead specify conditions that will trigger a special activity during the duration. If the condition is not met before the spell duration expires, the activity is not performed.

Deeper info on this Dungeons & Dragons Suggestion Spell

Note: Add a Reply about how you have applied the use of the Suggestion spell in a previous Dungeons & Dragons scenario.

Sponsored Links:
1st Jan, 2010 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Spell Suggestion

This spell is a little strange to me when I try to imagine it playing out.

Basically the caster goes up to its target and tells them what to do. Out loud and in a language the target can understand.

For me that poses problems because why are you going up to this person suggesting anything to them. If the target has allies nearby why can't they snap the target out of it. Or better yet attack you immediately for casting such a spell on their friend.

If this spell worked via telepathy it would be a lot more effective in actual game play.

I have a hard time imagining an imp appearing in front of a character, "suggesting" an absurd action, and expecting the target to follow threw with it. If the target is alone though I can see that.

> TOPIC: Suggestion Spell

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,