Chandra Maharaj & 12 Children Poverty In Trinidad

- Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 25th Dec, 2010 - 11:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

7th Dec, 2010 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

It was nice to see that the Mrs. Maharaj and her family can have a temporary home and some furniture for Christmas. It was good of TV6 to feature this story after a social activist brought it up. The government was quick to intervene but some questions do arise:

* How many families are like this or worst in Trinidad & Tobago?
* Was the state of this family reported before? Did the mother make any cries for help that may have fallen on deaf ears?
* Where was social services BEFORE all the cameras got there?

I want to say something here that should be taken in a meaningful way. You can see Chandra Maharaj and her 12 Children were really for want as they all were very thin and malnourished - this indeed was a needy family. Thank goodness they were rescued. Sometimes I see people begging, they are so big that you have to wonder where they get the money from to maintain their size, in addition to this being so big will cause more illness than anything and incapacitate you in some way. Additionally, there should be social workers going around the country checking on families, especially children to see if they are having their basic human rights met such as proper shelter, food and safety.

Sponsored Links:
14th Dec, 2010 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Poverty Children and Maharaj Chandra

I'm concerned on the fact that she was given "temporary" housing. Why they didn't give her something permanent?

25th Dec, 2010 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Chandra Maharaj & 12 Children Poverty In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

There was a follow-up story on this family today (TV6 News). It was good to see the family celebrating Christmas with toys and a Christmas tree for the first time. I hope the social services continues to help and monitor the children with this family so they can be all they can be.

> TOPIC: Chandra Maharaj & 12 Children Poverty In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,