Women Wear Pants To Mormon Church

Women Wear Pants Mormon Church - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Jan, 2013 - 7:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
20th Dec, 2012 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

A couple of weeks ago, a [..] group started a page with this description, encouraging sisters to wear pants to Church last Sunday December 16th:

international QUOTE
"It is merely an invitation to entertain the notion of wearing pants, and to help others overcome the fear of being faced with discrimination and disapproval when they challenge the cultural norm so that all may feel welcome to worship."

It received both negative and positive support. Oh, and death threats and the page had to close (I believe they opened a new one).

For the life of me, I do not understand what is the big deal. So what if sisters wear pants to Church? The Church clearly stated we are encouraged to wear our Sunday "Best" But doesn't specifically tell us what it is.

What are your thoughts about this issue? Is this again a cultural norm people are trying to challenge? Why do some people see it as an act of rebellion?

Sponsored Links:
30th Dec, 2012 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Church Mormon Pants Wear Women

The whole negative reaction was absurd. I read people online saying those who choose to do this are going towards the road of apostasy. Really? For choosing to wear pants to Church? Ridiculous.

2nd Jan, 2013 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Women Wear Pants To Mormon Church Studies Doctrine Mormon

When you willfully rebel against the teaching of your leaders and the traditions we have as a Church, you ARE walking a very thin line and heading towards that dangerous path where there is no return (Apostasy). The leaders of our Church are inspired men by God to lead us, all that is required of us is a humble heart and obedience. There is nothing wrong with wearing pants but when we do it with a rebellious spirit or to try to "Make a point" is where we err and need to repent.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2013 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Name: Michael

Title: Women wearing pants

Comments: I agree, Chica, and I believe that is what many of these women are doing. I think that they are trying to change the Church from the bottom up instead of letting the Lord make any necessary changes from the top down. Whether women wear pants to Church or not may not be considered a very important issue, but it is a little bit like the camel getting his nose in the tent. It is just the beginning. If they are successful with this issue, then they will move on to another, more important issue next time. That's how these things work.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Note, the Guest facility is not meant for constant Posting, if you wish to contribute to many of the Topics please consider creating an account to do so at your leisure.

15th Jan, 2013 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Michael:

international QUOTE
I think that they are trying to change the Church from the bottom up instead of letting the Lord make any necessary changes from the top down.

Where does the Lord say women are required to wear pants to Church? (since you are talking about the Lord making any necessary changes).

international QUOTE
If they are successful with this issue, then they will move on to another, more important issue next time. That's how these things work.

Really? Like what?

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2013 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Name: Michael

Title: Women and pants

Comments:

international QUOTE
Where does the Lord say women are required to wear pants to Church? (since you are talking about the Lord making any necessary changes).

I think that it has been established that it never says that anywhere. I think that's why they are starting with this issue--because they know that they can get away with it. If they are successful with that, then they will move on to something else.

international QUOTE
Liahona:
Really? Like what?

Like women holding the priesthood.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Note, the Guest facility is not meant for constant Posting, if you wish to contribute to many of the Topics please consider creating an account to do so at your leisure.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Jan, 2013 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Women Wear Pants Mormon Church

international QUOTE
The whole negative reaction was absurd. I read people online saying those who choose to do this are going towards the road of apostasy. Really? For choosing to wear pants to Church? Ridiculous.

Really and not ridiculous. It's not the wearing of pants that puts one on the road to apostasy. It's the wearing of pants in support of this feminist group and their ideals which happen to run counter to LDS doctrine as feminists are won't to do.

16th Jan, 2013 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Women Wear Pants Mormon Church Mormon Doctrine Studies

I agree with Michael and bcspace this group is causing a big division in the Church and I believe this is the whole purpose: They want the women to hold the priesthood! And that will never happen because this Church is led by Jesus Christ and not a bunch of feminists who think they can pressure the Church to do whatever they want! Brothers and sisters I'm very upset at all these things happening and very concerned about the example we are giving to our youth about how revelations take place.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Women Wear Pants To Mormon Church

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,