The Miracles Of Jesus Christ

The Miracles Jesus Christ - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Oct, 2006 - 4:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
27th Nov, 2003 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

What I love the most about reading the New Testament, is to read the Miracles that our Savior Jesus Christ did when He was on this Earth. I like to analyze them and feel it close to my heart. So I open this new thread for us to share our favourite miracle of Jesus Christ in the New Testament and why it is your favourite.
I'm all ears biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links:
30th Nov, 2003 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Christ Jesus Miracles The

I don't know if this qualifies as a miracle, but it seems so to me:

1  IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2  The same was in the beginning with God.
3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4  In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
(New Testament | John 1:1 - 4)

... without Him, was not anything made that was made....

Roz

1st Dec, 2003 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

The Miracles Of Jesus Christ Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think my favorite part of the new testament is the parables so I have been struggling to make a choice about the miracles to post here. I think I will start a new thread about favorite parables, but for now.....

My favorite miracle would have to be when he heals the woman who has an issue of blood. She was healed just by touching his garment. I love how that shows a few things....

1. He was aware of her presence and her faith even in a crowd of people. He felt the healing go out of him when she touched him. He wanted to know who had touched him, when he was walking amoung throng of people and was being bumped and touched all along the way.

2. If we have faith, it doesn't take anything more than that to have our "issues" resolved. We don't need some big ceremony or whatever. All this woman did was touch her garment and by her faith she was healed.

I love this. Thanks LDS for getting me thinking about this topic. smile.gif

By the way, LDS, what is your favorite?

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 1st Dec, 2003 - 4:48pm

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2005 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I don't know if anyone has ever noticed, but there are only two of Jesus Christ's miracles found in all four gospels, the feeding of the five thousand and the resurrection. As already stated, I love all of the stories about the miracle's Jesus performed. I think that my favorite would also be the woman with an issue of blood who was healed by her faith in Jesus Christ. Christ's healings are my favorite miracles because of the faith shown by the people who were healed and because of the compassion the Savior showed while performing those miracles. Another favorite is found in Luke chapter 7:

11 And it came to pass the day after, that he went into a city called Nain; and many of his disciples went with him, and much people.

12 Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow: and much people of the city was with her.

13 And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.

14 And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.

15 And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.

I think the compassion the Savior showed to this grieving mother, a widow nonetheless, is a beautiful example of the infinite compassion and mercy He has for us.

9th Feb, 2005 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Tenaheff said:

By the way, LDS, what is your favorite?

My favourite is the miracle of the Resurrection of Lazarus, a great friend of the Saviour. Lazarus dies while Jesus is in another city. Jesus Christ was also a good friend of Lazarus's sisters, Martha and Mary and he would spend a lot of time in their home. They were probably his closest friends. I like this miracle because it shows how merciful the Lord is and how much he loved Lazarus. Each one of this verses has a deep meaning if you read it carefully. It is also the only scripture I recall in the New Testament where they describe Jesus "weeping". This is found in John 11.

19 And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.
20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.
21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.
Believest thou this?
27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
28 And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.
29 As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.
30 Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him.
31 The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.
32 Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,
34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.
35 Jesus wept.
36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!
37 And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?
38 Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.
39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

9th Feb, 2005 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

biggrin.gif There are so many to tell but one that I particularly remember reading how Christ conversed with the woman at the well. He was patient and compassionate with her. in such a manner that she was able to recognize who he was and was able to go back to town and invite all her kin. Perfect example of missionary work!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2005 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Miracles Jesus Christ

My favorite Miracle is the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ himself, it gives me a sense of hope knowing that when I die I will be resurrected when my turn comes.

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2006 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Miracles Jesus Christ Mormon Doctrine Studies

It's hard to think of just one favorite miracle, but one that always stands out in my mind is the time a Roman guard came to Christ and spoke of his sick child. Jesus told him to go home for his faith had cured the child.
I think the love Christ had... that is the greatest miracle.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Miracles Of Jesus Christ

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,