Regret

Regret - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 4th Jan, 2005 - 2:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2003 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Regret
A Friend

Regret

This is a very general topic, I am sure that we all have things that we have regretted at some point or other. I usually say I have no regrets, but yes, sometimes I question whether I should have done some of the things I did. The thing is, nowadays, regret is becoming something of a fashion, something appealing. How many times have you heard the good old "Oh, I have been through that, don't do it, I regret it so much" and while generally, the person truly regrets his/her actions, but at the same time in their mind they sound more "experienced" or something rather. First thing, what do you think of that, does it make sense to you all? And second of all, I want you to think of something you really regret doing and (you don't have to say what it is), but I want to know a reason to WHY you did it. Peer pressure, stupidity, what made you do it? To make it fair......

Sponsored Links:
30th Nov, 2003 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Regret

Well, there are many things I have done in my life that I regret and when I tell someone not to do something I have done because I did and now regret it, I tell them that because I really mean I wish I hadn't done it and if I could do it over I would change it. Yes, we do gain experience through all we do, but sometimes we would be better off without the direct experience gained by some of our stupid mistakes or things we did because we weren't thinking clearly.

One of the biggest was one I did when I was 19. I married my first husband. I did it on the rebound because the guy I fell in love with, dumped me and broke my heart and here was this guy who said he loved me and wanted to get married. I had a tough childhood and I don't think I really believed in true love anyway, so I thought why not. Plus I didn't want to be an old maid and really thought I would be if I didn't marry him. I know that doesn't make sense, but at the time I really did believe it. So, I got married even though I knew I wasn't really in love. Big mistake. Now, would I undo it if I could. Probably not, because my son was born as a result of that marriage and hence my grandson, so I probably wouldn't want to change it, but yet, I do wish I hadn't done it. I don't know if that makes any sense, but that is how I feel. On the one hand I regret having done it, but on the other, so much would be different in my life today if I hadn't done it that I am glad I did. huh.gif

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2003 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Regret
A Friend

Regret Health & Special Psychology

Wow, this is a pretty deep topic. I regret alot of things that I have done in the past. I have made plenty of poor choices of my own free will believing what I was doing was right. When actually I could not have been more wrong. I have many to just pick one. But I will say this, I would not be who I am or where I am without making some of those poor choices either. I do catch myself saying things like, 'Don't think I wouldn't understand, I have lived a very full, and at times very hard life to only be 30 yrs old.' But I try to pass on what I have learned from my mistakes to try and help others to not fall into some of the things I did.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2003 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Regret
A Friend

Regret

The only real regret that I have in my life is something that had happened quite a while ago. Christmas day in 1999 I wish that I would have insisted that my fiancee let me go get her from her Parents instead of her insisting on borrowing her dads car. She wouldn't have had the accident that caused her to lose her life. That is the only regret that I have in my life....

2nd Dec, 2003 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

Regret

The things I regret the most in my life were done under one or more of the following:

1. Peer pressure
2. Trying to keep a man happy (and therefore not lose him)
3. The influence of alcohol
4. Trying to "out do" someone else -- boasting/bragging

Sheer stupidity or low self-esteem, all of them.

Roz

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2003 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Regret
A Friend

Regret

A regret is something u wish u never had done, but on the other hand, u learned something from experience to not do it again... i remember when i was 14 in the 9th grade... this guy would follow me, and hover over my whole life... he would never leave me alone... he was a year older than me... then he asked me out... i said no... he always asked like... everyday... and then he asked me to a festuval with him, and i said no, but i finally gave in to go with him as friends... 3 days before , he asked me out, and i finally gave in and said yes... that night was a nightmare... and after like... a week/two with him, he said he loved me... (i aint love him tho) and he was annoying the hell out of me... plus... he touched me in places i didnt like at all, i was 14 and in 9th grade and i wasnt into that stuff yet... i really regret that... but now i know that i will never do something that i dont like at all, and i will never give in to someone ever again... i learned from my mistake...

Reconcile Edited: xtrasweetgirl on 2nd Dec, 2003 - 3:34am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Dec, 2003 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Regret

The only real regret that I have in my life is something that had happened quite a while ago. Christmas day in 1999 I wish that I would have insisted that my fiancee let me go get her from her Parents instead of her insisting on borrowing her dads car. She wouldn't have had the accident that caused her to lose her life. That is the only regret that I have in my life...

I'm so sorry to hear that, it must be so difficult to deal with. sad.gif How are you coping with it now?

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2005 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Regret
A Friend

Regret Psychology Special & Health

When I was younger I used to regret every mistake I made, but as I started growing older, I realized that it was pointless to regret the mistakes I had made. I'm human, and I'm bound to make mistakes, and I think it's more important to learn from those mistakes than sit around regretting it. Because of mistakes I've made in the past, I've been able to help other people who were in a position of making that same mistake. It put me in a position to speak from first hand experience, even if I hate that I have that sort of knowledge.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Regret

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,