Regret - Page 2 of 2

At one time in my life, I remember becoming - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 5th Jun, 2007 - 2:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
4th Jan, 2005 - 9:55am / Post ID: #

Regret - Page 2

Most of the time, regret seems like a gift - a reminder of what I did before, and why I don't want to do it again. There is an important difference between regret and unnecessary guilt. I regret not doing the little more that I should have done so that I could be an Eagle Scout. That is something I cannot change, but I regret it because it was a stupid decision. However, I do not feel terrible guilt whenever I think about the subject. Rather, I remember what happened in that situation, and I resolve to finish what I have started, even if it is difficult. Regret can be a powerful motivational tool.

In regards to why I have done many things I regret, I find that most of them were influenced by one or more of the following factors: peer pressure, laziness, selfishness, and ignorance.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2005 - 10:33am / Post ID: #

Regret
A Friend

Regret

Cyotie, as LDS said, I am so sorry you had to suffer such a loss. I hope that you are doing ok, and if not I hope you can search for and find help. Roz, from all of the posts I have read from you, I think you are an amazingly strong person with a lot of courage. And Howe, I also have admiration and respect for what you have to say, and I agree with your post. Tenahoff, I also agree with you, that I would be so much better off without having experienced some of the things that I have, and when I try to "warn" someone about something I have gone through, it is out of concern and a sincere desire to spare them the heartache that I have endured from the choices I have made. I have done some things that I definitely regret, and would be absolutely mortified to post on this board. But I will tell you that most of the major mistakes that I made were my attempt to stop my pain and suffering. Another reason is that I desperately wanted love and to be accepted. That may sound very sad and despairing, but I have made it to a place where I am very content and happy. smile.gif

5th Jun, 2007 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

Regret Health & Special Psychology

At one time in my life, I remember becoming involved in the National Lottery's "Play Whe." I used to play it about three times a week and occasionally, I would actually win about three measly dollars. One day, I thought about playing number 12 but decided to stop gambling and deposit all the money that I would waste on "Play Whe," in a savings account. Of course, that was the day when the number 12 was drawn. I could have won a lot of money but I didn't! Well the good news is, at least I have a healthy savings account now! biggrin.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Regret

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,