The Threat Of Terrorist Attacks - Page 3 of 3

I was reading this thread and I thought, "Wow". - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Jul, 2006 - 6:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Does it impact your travels? Is security
Post Date: 5th Jun, 2005 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

The Threat Of Terrorist Attacks
A Friend

The Threat Of Terrorist Attacks - Page 3

I personally feel it is necessary for security, and if someone sees someone naked and discovers they have a kniff hidden in a shoe or something, I consider it worth it. True it will be violating of privacy, but when it saves the lives of everyone on a plane, it will be worth it.

Sponsored Links:
16th Jun, 2005 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Attacks Terrorist Threat The

Here is a web page that shows some pictures and a visual demonstration on how it is done: https://www.epic.org/privacy/surveillance/spotlight/0605.html
It also does into the aspects of the 'working' product and the possible implications for abuse that I mentioned earlier including one I had not thought about before and that is storing your image.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2005 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Threat Of Terrorist Attacks Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

CONFISCATIONS AT AIRPORTS RISE

Daily for the past three years, passengers at U.S. airports surrendered an average of 14,000 potential weapons. That is enough to arm every passenger on 33 filled-to-capacity Boeing 747 jumbo jets -- every day.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C.52118%2C00.html

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2005 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 3 Attacks Terrorist Threat The

AIRPORTS SHIFTING FOCUS TO BOMBS, NOT SCISSORS

The government's decision to allow airline passengers to carry small scissors is part of a broader shift in airport security, focusing more on keeping explosives off planes and less on stopping another Sept. 11-type attack.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

4th Apr, 2006 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

Attacks Terrorist Threat The

Here's an incident which shows how airport security can over the edge sometimes.

Airport screener 'roughs up' woman, 83, in wheelchair

An infuriated Denver woman has filed a complaint with the Transportation Security Administration after a security screener forced her 83-year-old mother to get out of her wheelchair and walk to a pre-flight screening area, despite doctor's orders not to stand and an orthopedic card saying she had a metal plate in her hip.

https://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=49552

The woman herself seemed to take things pretty well, but the daughter was absolutely enraged, and rightfully so in my opinion. When does security come in the way of common sense?

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2006 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I was reading this thread and I thought, "Wow". People are so complacent in showing their entire naked body to compelete strangers in unfamiliar surroundings.

They call it security reasons.

Security is absolutely important, I agree but forcing people to stand naked.

People are worried that terrorists will hijack a plane, but aren't the airport security people becoming terrorists?

With the poor management of the TSA, this new device, and the Post 9-11 surroundings, America is becoming the terrorist.

People are saying that these measures avert terrorism, but in my opinion Al-Qaeda won.

How? By creating an air of nervousness and uncertainty which which therefore led the Bush administration supporting the construction of a Guantanamo prison block, passing the Patriot Act, installing the aforementioned security devices, increased racial profiling of Arab-Americans, and the list goes on. This acts comprised the freedoms in America, which is excatly what the terrorists wanted to do.

Oh, and by the way, look for increased violent crime in big cities, just like JB said.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Threat Of Terrorist Attacks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,