10th Article Of Faith

10th Article Faith - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st May, 2006 - 12:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Return of Christ
30th Apr, 2006 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

10th Article Of Faith

We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisaical glory.

This article of faith pretty clearly explains our position concerning Christ's return in glory. A lot of things have been done over the last 176 years in preparation for the events that this Article of Faith refers to. Among them are the laying of cornerstones for a great temple to be built where we believe the city of Zion will be located. Another thing that was done very early is that one of the Apostles went to Israel and dedicated it for the return of the Jews.

There can be a LOT of discussion on the various aspects and ideas that are present within this verse.

Sponsored Links:
30th Apr, 2006 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Faith Article th

Among them are the laying of cornerstones for a great temple to be built where we believe the city of Zion will be located.

Do you mind expanding a bit on this? Are we talking about physical cornerstones, or metaphorical? Do you also know where on the American continent the new Jerusalem will be located? I don't expect exact coordinates, but I am very interested in finding out general location, if it is known. Thanks!

30th Apr, 2006 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

10th Article Of Faith Studies Doctrine Mormon

We believe that the city of Zion will be built in Jackson County, Missouri. The physical cornerstones for the temple were laid there in the 1830s (sorry, can't remember exactly when).

Most of the "temple lot" is still undeveloped in Independence. A very small church, an offshoot from the LDS church, owns it, and feels that they are holding it in stewardship. The Community of Christ, (formerly the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) has built a large "temple" in Independence. This is strictly a meeting hall, but is a very interesting architectural achievement.

On side note concerning this. We believe that the Garden of Eden was/is located near Independence, Missouri. It is called Adam Ondi Ahman.

Post Date: 1st May, 2006 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

10th Article Of Faith
A Friend

Faith Article th

How is it possible that you can believe this? The bible clearing states the boundaries of the garden of eden, and that is decidedly not in missouri. This is something that is difficult for me to comprehend. The river boundaries of the Tigris and Euphrates are clearly in the Iraq area. The cradle of civilization is clearly in the Mesopotamian valley. How did adam and eve and their descendants get to that area in such a short time? And how do you know that the New Jerusalem will be in Missouri?

"And the city lies foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal."

"¢ Revelation 21:16

That translates to roughly 1,364 miles high and wide. Given the curvature of the earth, it wouldn't fit on the the earth. However ever, Revelation also speaks of a new earth being created in which we have no idea its side. That being said, if a new earth was created to accommodate this, then what make you think that Missouri would even exist? If it was bigger, then its probable that the dimensions of earth would not be the same, neither would the land masses for all we know. A county is specified in article of faith 10, but on what authority? I live in Jackson County Missouri, literally fifteen minutes drive from the spiral temple in Independence and I have heard this my whole life. But I have never had a descent explanation given regarding my inquiry.

1st May, 2006 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Faith Article th

Remember the story of Noah?

Now, how is it that there is a Boston in the US? How about York (New York)? Very simply, when people moved there, they named things using the same names that they were used to.

So, if the story of Noah is true (as I believe it is), then when Noah and his family landed on Mt. Ararat, they traveled down the eastern side of the mountains, and settled in what is now known as the "Cradle of Civilization".

We know the location of Zion based upon revelation received by Joseph Smith. As you pointed out, scientific logic makes it impossible for the New Jerusalem to be on the earth. However, scientific logic makes it impossible for Adam and Eve to have been the first people, for Noah to have built an ark, for Jesus to have walked on the water, for Elijah to have lived, with the widow, on a small jar of oil and a measure of meal for several months.

All this information comes from revelation from God. I'll leave the logistics to Him to show us when the time comes.

> TOPIC: 10th Article Of Faith

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,