Trinis Do Not Know About Autism

Trinis Autism - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2011 - 2:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Autism In Trinidad
21st Feb, 2011 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

How do you deal with ignorant folks who think your special needs child is just "Spoiled"? It is extremely frustrating,.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2011 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Autism Know Not Trinis

Name: ReidMD

Comments: I think it really depends on who these people are.
If they are family members or close family friends then it may be worth the investment to educate them on the disorder as they may become part of your support network, otherwise, why care what others have to say?

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2011 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Trinis Do Not Know About Autism Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Malisa

Comments: There needs to be more government programs about it on television to help people understand it.

2nd Mar, 2011 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

Autism Know Not Trinis

People don't know much autism here because there aren't enough awareness programs. I'm surprised the Autistic Society doesn't push enough the idea of articles in the newspapers or even TV features on the news so they can ask whatever help they need and at the same time, teach the population more about the autism spectrum.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2011 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Autism Know Not Trinis

Name: Jewel

Comments: Why do they only wait until Autism Awareness Month, the focus is not on awareness throughout the year. The word is not getting out.

2nd Mar, 2011 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

That's a good point Jewel. Sounds like Christmas time when everyone suddenly feels to give some sort of service.

I think a nice media campaign could work great and bring private sponsors as well as adding a little pressure to the government to provide funding.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2011 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Trinis Not Know Autism

Name: Jewel

Comments: I think we have to know what the autistic society wants, do they want to have a school. my brother is autistic and for years we have asked this question but they want to be a "parent support" group. There is not enough fund raising being done. they depend on cooperate sponsors and others what about just doing some of their own fund raising activities.

2nd Mar, 2011 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Trinis Not Know Autism Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

A school dedicated to autistic kids is a fantastic idea! This can also help with the awareness factor we're discussing on this thread.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Trinis Do Not Know About Autism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,