The Dark Cleric - Medieval RPG - Page 27 of 47

Horde listens while rubbing is large belly. - Page 27 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 30th Jan, 2013 - 2:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 47 pgs.  23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  ...Latest (47) »
Closed
Medieval Dark Cleric Play By Post RPG

SCENARIO - The actual story is updated by the GM only here for the World of Medieval.
16th Jan, 2013 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

The Dark Cleric - Medieval RPG - Page 27

The Game Master says...

Medieval Time heals wounds but the disgrace of failure has caused some of you to remain wounded within. You venture to the Village Tavern to recruit those who are willing to place their lives at risk for fortune, a good motivator since you have already seen the Dark Cleric's gold.

After securing an arrangement that increases the Party's size you venture towards the market to haggle and do business.

Thad attempts to trade his belongings but one look at him and he is shunned or given a resounding "Not interested...".

GM: This is evident by such a low Soul.

Meanwhile...

Dante attempts to sell the Dark Cleric's war wagon but finds that most of the Villagers see it as a curse and wish you will take it out of the Village. One person suggests you will have better luck in East City.

During this time...

The rest of you make merry in the Tavern.

GM: Your time there will cost each of you a gold piece, ensure you deduct it and say what you wish to do now.

Sponsored Links:
18th Jan, 2013 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

RPG Medieval Cleric Dark The

The Game Master says...

Aose inquires about any 'holy man' that can serve to bless his equipment or give him advice about the Dark Cleric. His questions leads to strange looks but some choose to hint that the Elders of the Village are the best to answer this sort of thing since there isn't an appointed 'religious man' for the Village.

During this time...

Tonatha enters into a private arrangement with his new associate at arms: John over 2 gold pieces and some water skins that were needed.

GM: Ensure you read: Can We Call It Pooling? So you are aware how I perceive such transactions in game play.

After some time...

Forum RPG You assemble yourselves together and move forward to the place of the Elders. After the usual checks you are brought to their hall. You encounter strange looks from the elderly men,

"Where are the others?"

They ask this noting your unfamiliar faces and not knowing that some of you have perished to the South. Lady Godiva explains the whole affair to this point as she has been involved the longest even as far back to the first commission against the Dark Cleric started.

One of the Elders recognizes her,

"And only ye remain?"

You go on to express concern about your inability to get the Dark Cleric at your knees especially this last time when you were drained of your life's energy.

You can see the Elders look at each other,

"This is troubling, this means the Dark Cleric goes stronger and is starting to engage in the mysteries that are unfamiliar to most. Have ye found a way around it?"

You are surprised by the question having hoped that the Elders might provide the answer and if you had that you would already have the head of the Dark Cleric with you. You respond negatively and one of the Elder's say,

"It has been said that in East City, at the place where ye first found him is the answer to both how he gets his powers and how he is the most weak. Maybe ye should look there... Again."

The answer does not please Lady Godiva, she remembers how it was at East City and how she almost lost her life.

GM: You have a last opportunity to ask anything you wish before the Elders adjourn, you may also state your actions if you have nothing to ask. Those of you unfamiliar with East City may wish to read the start of this Thread as a recant of what Lady Godiva explained to the Elders.

20th Jan, 2013 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

The Dark Cleric - Medieval RPG RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Lady Godiva speaks up,

"Do you have someone in the east city that can show us around or just keep us until we figure out the dark cleric's weakness?"

To which one of the Elders replies,

"We can offer thee no more help than we gave thee on thy first trip to East City. I will imagine ye still know where everything is, although by now they may have changed things around."

Dante decides to ask what they meant by "Mysteries" concerning the Dark Cleric.

"There are things son that are beyond this world... Beyond what ye and I can see and from what thou hast described the Dark Cleric has tapped into it... Much to our displeasure."

Aose then asks,

"Where did the Dark Cleric come from? No one starts with that much power, everyone must start and be trained somewhere. What do we know of his rise?"

The Elders look at each other and with sad face one of them says softly,

"He was..." and slurs his speech.

Aose can hardly hear and asks him to please repeat. Another Elder finishes what the first did not say but in a more frustrated way,

"He was once one of us!"

You are surprised by this. Another Elder interjects,

"Yet he chose the darker things because he let power gain the better of him."

You can then see some of the Elders beginning to rise as they tire. You wonder how much you know about the Village and these Elders, you wonder about the Dark Cleric's parting... Questions flood your mind.

GM: Say what you wish to do now.

21st Jan, 2013 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Page 27 RPG Medieval Cleric Dark The

The Game Master says...

As the Elders begin to rise Aose asks if there is a written history of the Village and the Dark Cleric to which they shake their head in the negative,

"Ney, we are but a small Village and the most that is recorded are the taxes for the king."

You can see one of the Elders pause and taps another Elder to get his attention, he thinks for a bit, smiles and then chuckles,

"Ye could visit Horde, I'll not be surprised if he does not have tales to tell for some fine wine."

The other Elder laughs along with the rest that are still vacating the chamber.

You then ask if they can bless your weapon or do something to counter the power of the Dark Cleric to which one replies,

"Ye do have our support and thoughts but to bless anything we cannot for we are not gods but simple elderly men."

You then ask why the Dark Cleric left the Elders of the Village. By now the Elders are almost exiting the room, but one has paused and says in a voice of wisdom,

"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely...."

GM: Since I have only recently added the Exchange FP option I will give Players extra days should they wish to gain more FP before the next Party Order is expected.

24th Jan, 2013 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

RPG Medieval Cleric Dark The

The Game Master says...

Having now dug into hidden savings you decide upon a trip to the Village Market wherein you acquire what you feel are needed supplies.

Cagliostro tries to barter with his sling, normally not an exchangeable or haggled item given its simplicity but acknowledging your fairly large purchase the market vendor offers you some ointment for insects in exchange for it.

GM: FP to GPs exchange and equipment noted. Please update your equipment list and state if you accepted the exchange. Some of Cagliostro's questions are actions or you are asking Support questions about your Character? For now I will assume you are asking market vendors directly to save extra Posts although your character would already know this.

Cagliostro inquires about making beverages and what he would need. There are such a variety of beverages to be made but most in the Village make their own home based breweries for ale and do not sell specialized equipment. You then ask about wine. Only hard wine imported from East City is available for 1 GP per bottle. Fine wine can be obtained at the Tavern for around 5gp each they say.

Lady Godiva verifies this price by visiting the Tavern and gets a bottle of fine wine for 5 GPs.

After your purchases Dante visits the war wagon to check on the bodies. The corpses still lay inside surrounded by flies, and curious onlookers who disdain its presence in the Village. You can smell the purification taking place as they become bloated within their armor.

What little equipment you were able to salvage from these men include:

A Dagger, Leather Back Pack, and 17 GPs

Village guards are also looking at you and your movements. They talk amongst themselves but have not approached or told you anything.

27th Jan, 2013 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

The Dark Cleric - Medieval RPG

The Game Master says...

Your lack of care for the dead moves you to now seek their resting place. You find the local undertaker, a relatively unpleasant chap that most in the Village put up with only because his job is a necessary one. As part of his funeral business he has hired two strong men, one a rather burly man in his 30s and the other a young teen boy that does not say much.

The undertaker explains that each body can be buried in an informal way (he points to a back pit where no named persons go) for 5 GPs each but he insists that a more dignified burial is better at 15 GPs each. He complains about the advanced state of their decomposition and wonders why you did not bring them right away upon your arrival to the Village. He then starts to rant about how the dead can visit you for not taking care of them and he has seen this happened before.

GM: Say what you will tell the undertaker.

During this time...

Cagliostro continues to gather what he feels is necessary for the journey ahead.

GM: All the purchases and takings are acknowledged, please make sure to update your inventory.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jan, 2013 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

The Dark Cleric Medieval RPG - Page 27

The Game Master says...

After hearing the words of the undertaker you seek to find out what he knows as well as try to discern his aura. Dante starts by asking what he means by "Ghosts" to which the undertaker says authoritatively,

"By goodness lad, ghosts! Ye have not heard of ghosts? They be everywhere and have need of a body with which to reside. Some ghosts go from here to there in search of peace but cannot find it. This be the reason for a good burial lest they haunt thy life with misery."

Dante then mentions the Dark Cleric to which the undertaker shows disgust,

"He be causing a ruckus in these parts, but I see ye have his wagon. I know about thee, ye are the ones journeying South."

After this...

Lady Godiva mistrusts the undertaker and inquires about the details of the funeral. He replies none the bothered by the questions,

"Las, this be an elderly Village, we be havin' the grave dug already, ye never know when one of dem old ones pass in the night."

He shows you an area covered by small sheds with graves dug.

"See, we be the professionals in this here service, no need to worry."

He then walks with you to what is a small stone grey building that he calls a 'chapel'.

"Here ye can offer words of peace to the comfort of the departed and the loved ones remaining."

Satisfied, you continue...

You offer the 30 gold pieces the undertaker claimed to which he most readily accepts. He calls his workers over and they take the bodies into a wooden building he says is for building the coffins, but he has coffins already made too. He then thinks for a few seconds,

"Come back in two hours and we be having all prepared eh?"

GM: Ensure you deduct the gold respectively.

After some time...

You then head to the most Southern part of the Village where you find the humble hut of Horde, or at least this was the directions given to you. You knock on the moss covered door and a burly man with thick red beard and a smell of ale greets you at the door loudly,

"Hail, what be this?"

30th Jan, 2013 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

The Dark Cleric Medieval RPG World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 27

The Game Master says...

Medieval Play By Post Horde listens while rubbing is large belly. You resolve that you are there because the Elders of the Village sent you. You brandish your fine wine to which he raises his brow, lifts his cheeks in a wide smile and replies,

"Ye know how to win a man's heart!"

He bids you to come into his abode which looks as though at one time it was fancy given the kind of furniture and ornaments that adorn the place but is now very untidy with ale mugs strew all over as though a homeless person uses it for temporary shelter.

Just at this point Thad stops at the doorway to Horde's hut, he seems a bit restless and proclaims, "I am sorry but I have only now come to realize that today marks the first moon and I forgot that my guild master requested my presence today for study. If I miss it I may lose my footing with the guild therefore my fellows before I continue this journey let me bow out, sorry to have given thee the illusion that ye would have my skills for thy task ahead."

You all look perplexed at the suddenness of Thad's pronouncement but you notice Horde is not bothered by it as his mind and lips are focused on the fine wine you just bought.

GM: Make sure to delete the fine wine from your lists. The character Thad is out of the game.

Horde puts the bottle to his lips and sighs a relief as though the wine, part of which trickles down his beard, soothes his total being. After a long gulp he puts it down with a,

"Ahhhh...."

He then wipes his mouth with his sleeve and asks bubbly how he can assist. You inquire about the Dark Cleric. In bits of pieces between talk of ale, loneliness and his war stories you pick up that,

- The Dark Cleric has no known family
- Created the bandit core that rules the South (no more because of some of your deeds)
- Has his core following in East City
- Has mingled in the dark arts and may have powers to do certain magicks
- He seeks to overthrow the Kingdom
- He has spies everywhere (at this point Horde wonders if your friend Thad wasn't one)
- It is rumored that he can feed off the energy of others through a blood sacrifice ritual

Horde lets you know that his hands are for hire, he charges a mere 2,500 gold pieces for his services. As Horde continues drinking he asks if you have any more questions because he is starting to feel sleepy. You can tell he is not exaggerating as his eyes dim and his speech slurs.

> TOPIC: The Dark Cleric - Medieval RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,