Afghanistan vs USA - Page 25 of 64

I am in no way an expert of this but I have - Page 25 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Jul, 2010 - 3:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 64 pgs.  21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  ...Latest (64) »
versus U.S.A. Changing Face Of Afghanistan. Are they better off now?
Afghanistan vs USA Related Information to Afghanistan vs USA
7th Jul, 2010 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA - Page 25

No, Afghanistan doesn't have oil or other buried resources. What it does have is access to areas that do, and -- some conspiracy theorists say -- there is a booming poppy trade. Poppies make heroin, which is a multi-billion-dollar industry in the US, "war on drugs" or not. I'm just sayin'.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Sponsored Links:
7th Jul, 2010 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

USA Afghanistan

Well, I thought of that but didn't want to be so brazen as to say that the forces that be wanted 'in' on the drug trade.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

7th Jul, 2010 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA History & Civil Business Politics

Why would "they" not? Billions of dollars is billions of dollars - doesn't seem to matter anymore where it comes from, so long as the elite have control of it. Afghanistan is in a unique geographical spot, between China and Iran, which seems to be logistically a great launching pad. I think there are plenty of strategic reasons for wanting to keep a US military presence there. Not saying that I agree with that, just making a point.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2010 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 25 USA Afghanistan

Afghanistan Rights Monitor SLAMS Washington Spin About "Progress" in Afghanistan:

The Afghanistan Rights Monitor's (ARM) mid-year report on Civilian Casualties of Conflict (.pdf) blasts the happy-talk coming out of the Obama Administration about the deteriorating security situation and its effect on civilians: Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2010 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

USA Afghanistan

Obama's Afghan War in Perspective
By Gary Leupp

Practically everyone now understands that the war in Afghanistan is going very badly. This is not because the Taliban and other "insurgent" forces are strong and their foreign foes weak. It is because of the Afghans' indomitable spirit of independence that is only intensified by each civilian death due to house raids or bombs. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2010 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA

Soldiers Kidnapped

Taliban insurgents in the southern Afghan province of Logar have kidnapped two US soldiers, reports say. Ref. BBC

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2010 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan USA - Page 25

The Great Myth: Counterinsurgency
By Conn Hallinan

The Afghan Taliban have never been a threat to the West, and the idea that fighting the Taliban would reduce the threat of terrorism is "complete rubbish." In any case, the al-Qaeda operatives who pulled off the attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon got their training in Hamburg and south Florida, not Tora Bora. Ref. Source 4

25th Jul, 2010 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Afghanistan USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 25

I am in no way an expert of this but I have seen a few videos. By what I have seen their country is pretty messed up. I am guessing but I think our presence there is helping a lot more than it is hurting.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

> TOPIC: Afghanistan vs USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,