
The last plane carrying US forces has left Afghanistan, capping a 20-year war that left nearly 2,500 Americans dead. The Biden administration has spent weeks scrambling to evacuate Americans and Afghans who provided the U.S. Support by an Aug. 31 deadline after the Taliban quickly gained control of Kabul. The withdrawal also comes in the aftermath of a bombing by ISIS-K that killed 13 U.S. Service members on Aug. 26. Source 9f.
Its the kind of end no one expected. What is worst is what will become of Afghanistan now. I have the feeling we will be 'back' there soon maybe not as ground forces but hitting targets.
International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 4 0.4%
A drone strike in Kabul last month killed 10 civilians, not Islamic State extremists as the Pentagon first reported. Ten civilians and no terrorists were killed in Kabul by a drone strike that the Pentagon had hailed initially as "Righteous," the Pentagon announced Friday. "It was a mistake," Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie, chief of U.S. Central Command, said. The strike occurred on Aug. 29 near the airport during the final, chaotic days of the U.S. Evacuation of civilians and military retreat from Afghanistan. Source 5g.
That's not just a mistake but its a big mistake and it only will now make the Biden administration look worst than ever. At the very least I hope they compensate the family of the victims.
International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 9 0.9%
A drone strike in Kabul last month killed 10 civilians, not Islamic State extremists as the Pentagon first reported. Ten civilians and no terrorists were killed in Kabul by a drone strike that the Pentagon had hailed initially as "Righteous," the Pentagon announced Friday. "It was a mistake," Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie, chief of U.S. Central Command, said. The strike occurred on Aug. 29 near the airport during the final, chaotic days of the U.S. Evacuation of civilians and military retreat from Afghanistan. Source 5c.
Could the news out of Afghanistan about the USA be any worst? One blunder after the other. I would be asking for the resignation of generals who oversaw these things.
International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 2.3%
US airstrike that killed 7 children, 3 adults in Afghanistan was 'an honest mistake,' Air Force inspector general says. The Pentagon has determined its procedures failed to prevent the botched drone strike that killed 10 people in Kabul in August during the chaotic U.S. Withdrawal from Afghanistan. But the strike did not break any laws and no single person was responsible, said Air Force Lt. Gen. Sami Said on Wednesday. Source 1oIn Game:-says/6270194001/.
Pentagon investigation finds single suicide bomber is responsible for attack that killed 13 US service members amid Afghanistan withdrawal. The Pentagon on Friday released the results of its months-long investigation into the attack, saying the bomber had an explosive vest packed with ball bearings. The attack on Aug. 26 was one of the darkest chapters of the chaotic withdrawal of American military and diplomatic personnel after 20 years of war in Afghanistan. Source 4d.