181th Annual General Conference

181th Annual General Conference - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Apr, 2011 - 10:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
2nd Apr, 2011 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Morning everyone. I thought in creating a thread about General Conference. I would like some views on your favorite (and not so favorite too, why not?) talks from morning and afternoon sessions as well as Priesthood session.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Apr, 2011 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Conference General Annual th

Most of the talks seem to be focusing on service. Did I hear right when they announced a worldwide Day Of Service? They also announced three new temples: Fort Collins Colorado, Meridian Idaho and Winnepeg, Canada.

I liked Elder Gonzalez mention of the Church outside the US, he talked about his visit to Argentina, Ghana and Nigeria and mentioned that most of the people were not members of the Church but he saw their desire to follow Christ expressed in many of their conversations, in their houses, on their cars, on their walls and on their billboards.

This is so true!

2nd Apr, 2011 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

181th Annual General Conference Studies Doctrine Mormon

Some of you know I'm struggling with depression so listening to the talk of Kent F. Richards hit very close to home. He said that none of us is immune to pain, but we all cope with it differently. Pain is a gauge of how we deal with struggling. Pain brings us to a humility that allows us to ponder. Everyone deals with it differently. We can either turn to or from our Savior. He also said that much of our suffering is not our fault. Some comes through life experience and some from the choices and actions of others.

He mentioned that the Savior is not a silent observer during our pain.(My Note: I'm struggling with this concept at the present time)

Elder Richards also said that Christ chose to experience pain and afflictions in order to understand us and that we should strive to understand the depths of mortality and eternity in order to understand Him. He chose to learn through personal experience. He heals all that come to Him. Sometimes healing includes the lift of the burden, but sometimes it is through the strength to continue forward.

3rd Apr, 2011 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

I pondered upon the words of Elder Cecil O. Samuelson who talked about testimony, and struggles of faith in yesterday's session. He said a testimony grows and needs protection and if we neglect or deviance from it can lead us to lose the Spirit and the denial of our testimony. He also mentioned that those who struggle with faith have questions that are usually the result of honest inquiry or curiosity and not because they're "sinners".

3rd Apr, 2011 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

President Monson spoke about Temples and the fact that there 26 temples in construction at the present time. The themes of Conference have been the same for YEARS: Faith, tribulation, endurance, etc. Nothing new. I didn't expect any major changes anways.

3rd Apr, 2011 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Elder Scott gave a wonderful talk honoring his wife Jeanene. I noticed he talks about her a lot. I think he's probably one of the few (if not the only General Authority) who have chosen not to remarry after his wife died in 1995.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2011 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

President Monson shares love of Savior in closing address

Following is the address President Thomas S. Monson delivered as he brought to a close the 181st Annual General Conference of...
Source: ldschurchnews.com | Latest Articles

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2011 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

181th Annual General Conference Mormon Doctrine Studies

Name: Molly76

Comments: I expected more on this Conference. I know it may sound harsh, but I'm tired to hear recycled stories from the General Authorities. I mean, come on we're living in a world of so much hate, hunger, persecution yet we hear the exact same messages...for DECADES!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: 181th Annual General Conference

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,