William Terry And His Toilet Bowl-flowerpot

William Terry Toilet Bowl-flowerpot - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Apr, 2011 - 10:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

2nd Apr, 2011 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

William Terry And His Toilet Bowl-flowerpot

I am glad that the Judge ruled on his favor. I find the citation to be ridiculous really. It seems like someone was just upset that a toilet could be used as a pot.

international QUOTE
At long last, William Terry can use his toilet in peace.

A city judge ruled on Thursday that Oak Ridge, Tenn., authorities were out of line when they issued a citation against Terry for the porcelain commode doubling as a flowerpot on his front lawn, the Knoxville News Sentinel reports.

The city claimed that the toilet qualified as rubbish and that Terry was in violation of local property maintenance codes.

Judge Robert A. McNees III flushed that argument down the drain, however, explaining that the city's understanding of rubbish "is so broad it could apply to most containers and thus over-broad for the purpose of including Mr. Terry's commode."

"That is so awesome,'' Terry said. "I think it's absolutely wonderful for flowerpots everywhere.''

The makeshift garden, which Terry estimates has been on his lawn for eight years, is home to a few plastic chickens, hens, a little bluebird, a shell, a skull and some flowers, although Terry is unsure what variety they are. Source 8

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
18th Apr, 2011 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

Bowl-flowerpot Toilet His Terry William

Some people are crazy. Very glad the judge favoured him. I have seen some awesome artistic potted plants, the containers being lots of the not norm pots. Good on him for showing his artistic side! smile.gif

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

18th Apr, 2011 - 10:46am / Post ID: #

William Terry And His Toilet Bowl-flowerpot History & Civil Business Politics

This has been done a few times. In my neighborhood when I was growing up, there was a guy that lived alone in one of the houses at the end of the block. A woman that lived half way up the block was upset that her houses value was decreasing as she was trying to sell her house by the spectacle that was a used toilet in front of the guys garage. Instead of going down and asking him to help her out in selling her house, she instead called the police about the situation. The police told the guy that there was a complaint about the toilet and asked him take care of the trash.

He took a paintbrush and painted his used toilet a nice and festive bright Barney Green and Purple, put potting soil in it and planted marigolds in it. To top it all off, instead of being near his garage door, it was now proudly displayed in the middle of the front lawn almost like one would display a fountain.

She called the cops again to complain about the toilet (we assume she failed to mention his converting it to a planter). The cops got there and basically laughed. She then went down to his house in a fit of rage and told him to remove the toilet as it was causing her to lose money. He explained to her that if she had come down and asked nicely at the beginning he would have happily removed the toilet. However, since she called the cops on him, didn't treat him with the respect he deserved and made it an issue without even consulting him first...the toilet was staying. She then went to go remove the toilet herself...he then threatened to call the police on her for tresspassing and theft or destruction of property. She said she didn't care...then he told her that if his planter was missing he would buy a fleet of toilet planters and fill the lawn with them with varying colors. She stomped off...

The thing was really ugly but was useful for holding pumpkins at Halloween after the flowers died.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: William Terry And His Toilet Bowl-flowerpot

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,