Can The Bishop Force Me To Meet Him?

Can Bishop Force Meet Him - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Apr, 2011 - 12:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

5th Apr, 2011 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Can The Bishop Force Me To Meet Him?

For a while now, I have been struggling with some very deep personal issues (nothing related to unworthiness) but just family issues. I have been attending Sacrament meeting only for a long time now and I have chosen not to take any callings due to the fact that I cannot focus in anything else at the moment. Our new Bishop called me to see if I could meet him for an interview, I suppose he wants to find out what's going on however I don't wish to meet him and I told him I couldn't.

My question is: Can he force me to do so through some sort of threat or calling a higher authority? Is my membership in jeopardy somewhat if I choose not to meet him now or ever? It is a long story on why I don't wish to meet him but I just want to know what kind of ramifications this may have.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2011 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Him Meet To Force Bishop Can

Even though he cannot physically force you, the advise is that if he wants to meet you then you should. Ramifications? None as far as I'm concerned unless he tells you that what he has to say is important enough that could jeopardize your membership.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2011 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Can The Bishop Force Me To Meet Him? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Melissa

Comments: The Bishop of any LDS ward has a sacred calling himself to watch over everyone within his wards' boundries. His role, as a Bishop is to help, council, and direct all individuals within his stewardship to live the way we've been taught by our Prophets. He is to preside (watch over) in complete love and righteousness. His job, however becomes more difficult when he doesn't know the individual that he's been called to help. He cannot force you to meet with him. And no, your membership is not in danger of being removed if you don't meet with him. But he also cannot help you in a way that only a Bishop can if you choose not to meet with him. He receives guidance and direction from the Spirit for those whom he watches over. He is promised that direction from God. Trust Heavenly Father; Trust Him enough to know that He has placed someone, someone who holds the proper authority in a specific position at a specific time to help you through this rough patch. The Bishop can help with whatever it is you're going through, because he is there specifically to help YOU. All we need to do is simply allow him to help us. Think it over. I know it can be scary to meet with the Bishop sometimes, but understand that he is a councilor being directed and led by the Spirit and he wants to help you. Allow the help when you're ready. No pressure. Be safe.

8th Apr, 2011 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Him Meet To Force Bishop Can

RominaL, thanks for your thoughts.

Melissa, the issue is that I don't wish to meet him or ask for help. The things I'm going through isn't something that can be resolved and talking about it over and over doesn't change the fact. Also, I don't want my personal and private issues in the mouth of other members (I have experienced this already) and is very disappointing.

> TOPIC: Can The Bishop Force Me To Meet Him?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,