Be Mormon and Catholic

Be Mormon Catholic - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 14th Apr, 2011 - 5:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2011 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Be Mormon and Catholic

Be Mormon and Catholic
Mormon Related

Name: Haima

Comments: If I am baptized as a Catholic will I lose my membership in the church? I am hoping to keep my membership in both.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2011 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

Be Mormon and Catholic
A Friend

Catholic Mormon Be

If you wish to be baptized a Catholic, why would you wish to retain your membership in the Church? Effectively, being baptized into another faith would constitute an act of apostasy and you would most likely be excommunicated.

12th Apr, 2011 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Be Mormon and Catholic Studies Doctrine Mormon

Joeman I know many members of our Church who has been baptized in another Church after they left ours, yet none of them were excommunicated.

12th Apr, 2011 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Catholic Mormon Be

I have never heard of anyone being excommunicated for being baptized in another church unless policy has changed. What gets you excommunicated is if you try to convert LDS members to your new faith.

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2011 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

Be Mormon and Catholic
A Friend

Catholic Mormon Be

After the 2 later responses, I began to doubt myself, so I checked the Handbook. The 2006 update states that joining another church is also an excommunicable offense, however merely attending another church does not constitute apostasy.

14th Apr, 2011 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Be Mormon and Catholic

Joeman is right, they can (if they want to do it) excommunicate you from joining another Church, it will fall under apostasy which is the abandonment of your religious beliefs. A disciplinary council is mandatory but they will have to prove that you actually baptized in the other church, just attending their meetings isn't grounds for excommunication.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Be Mormon and Catholic

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,