How Accurate Are Mormons?

How Accurate Mormons - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Apr, 2011 - 5:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2011 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Related

Name: Wanda

Comments: By accurate I'm referring to the Mormon view on scriptures, life, God and family? I've read that Mormon ideals focus on the family and a conservative approach to life. On the other hand there is like an uncanny dark side within their history such as blacks not being allowed to become members, men having many wives and a sort of worship of their leaders. What is the fact and what is the fiction?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2011 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormons Accurate How

"an uncanny dark side"...Now there's a phrase I've never heard before with regard to the Church! I think all churches have portions of history that they aren't terribly proud of, however, blacks have NEVER not been allowed to be members of the Church. Until 1978, black males could not hold the priesthood, but the priesthood has always been limited in its' dispersion among God's people. Plural marriage was ended in 1890, hardly a recent issue. As far as "a sort of worship of their leaders", I'm not really certain what you mean. We worship God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

12th Apr, 2011 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

How Accurate Are Mormons? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Joeman the worship of leaders Wanda is referring to are those who seem to treat General Authorities like semi-gods who hardly err and whoever they say, we follow without much thinking.

Wanda, I don't know how to answer that question you know what am I saying? I would say the basic doctrines are probably right now the history by the other side is a different story....

> TOPIC: How Accurate Are Mormons?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,