The Way You Sit - Page 2 of 2

I heard that crossing your legs can lead to - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 1st May, 2008 - 8:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2006 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

The Way You Sit
A Friend

The Way You Sit - Page 2

Actually, konquererz is right... "ladylike" mannerisms are subjective.

In some circles, I've been told it's ladylike to cross legs at the knee. Some say that's unladylike, legs should cross no higher than the ankles (see "The Princess Diaries"), while an old mid-90's episode of the Oprah Winfrey Show recommended that to snag a rich husband, legs should be crossed as high up the leg as humanly possible!

I think, as long as you are not displaying yourself to the public indecently, sitting ought to be a matter of comfort!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2006 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

The Way You Sit
A Friend

Sit You The

I think, as long as you are not displaying yourself to the public indecently, sitting ought to be a matter of comfort!

Amen! In public and in private I sit how I feel comfortable. In church if I'm up on the stand my legs are opened but not like I'm at home. My legs are such a size crossing my legs seems to cut of cirulation and my legs go to sleep easily. :laugh.gif:

I try to be a gentleman when I sit around others

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2006 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

The Way You Sit
A Friend

The Way You Sit Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

In my prospective, people tend to see body language such as how you sit a way for them to give an impression. I for one sit with my legs crossed because I believe a first impression is the most important one and that is how you will be successful in life. Well it is just my opinion on this topic. biggrin.gif

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2008 - 6:38am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Sit You The

Name: Yaoumei

Comments: I sit in a very un-lady like manner. I have throughout most of my childhood, and even in highschool (some of the teachers let me get away with it), college was a different story. I use a very large computer chair at home just so I can sit like this as well, but in public, if it's a business like environment (or another professional one) I will sit with my legs crossed at the knee, crossed at the ankles, or just leg them hang.

When I'm home, or just with friends and family, I'll sit with one foot under my but in an indian-style pose and the other leg with my knee up to my chest. I'll use this knee to lean on, or just have it there. It's just so hard for me to think, or be comfortable, if I have to sit with my legs down. I just relax a lot more in this position. Even though it may be weird, it works.

I say, don't worry too much about the way you sit, unless you're trying to make an impression on someone. Sitting like a slouch (like me) shows people that you might be careless. You're "too" relaxed and might forget what they told you, or that you're not really paying attention, no matter how you really feel when you're sitting that way.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2008 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

The Way You Sit
A Friend

Sit You The

As a guy we do not have to sit with our legs closed. Hello we are wearing pants. There is nothing to see. Besides having our legs closed is rather uncomfortable to many men. That is why we sit with our legs spread in the first place. Now I am not saying we sit with our legs as wide as we can but spread apart a bit is more comfortable. When we are at home or in a comfortable place we tend to be more relaxed and the legs are usually spread more open.

Also men who sit in a proper position look stiff or uptight. Men can look professional and still be in a relaxed position while sitting. At times we cross or sit with one leg up. But we are not having others trying to peek up our pant legs either. SO men can sit more relaxed than a woman can.

Post Date: 1st May, 2008 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

The Way You Sit
A Friend

The Way You Sit

I heard that crossing your legs can lead to varicose veins. I sit up straight and have beautiful posture but typically I sit with my legs together or crossed at the ankle unless I'm wearing jeans in which case all positions are fair game.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Way You Sit

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,