Lds Or Christian? - Page 5 of 5

Konquererz, off shoot branches that are not - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Mar, 2006 - 11:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2006 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Lds Or Christian?
A Friend

Lds Or Christian? - Page 5

One of my closest friends in high school was Morman, and I am Baptist, and it was never a problem for us. We never butted heads. Yes, we had out differences in doctrines, but when it came down to the hard cold facts, we shared the same belief: There is one way to Heaven and that is through acception Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

I remember her coming to me in tears so many times upset because people would ask her why she went to First Priority (A Christian outreach club) because she was Morman, and not Christian. It upset me that people were telling her that. Nobody has the right, in my opinion, to condemn another for their religious beliefs. The main differences we ran into was she believed in the Book of Mormon, and I believe the Bible only, but we certainly never waisted our time debating over it. Instead, we spent our time talking about what God was doing in our lives, how he was helping our churches grow, etc. It's one thing, in my opinion, to state you disagree with something that another person believes and another thing to condemn them. It was a peaceful, pretty much nonexistant disagreement in our two faiths.

I did have a problem with somebody trying to tell me that the only way I would get to Heaven was accept Joseph Smith as my savior, but I have only ever met one Morman who had that opinion. And I think that was what it was: an opinion. It is my understanding that the LDS believe in the basis of the Bible that Jesus is the way to Heaven.

I agree with what has been said that churches are too caught up these days with trying to prove each other wrong. And that's EVERY church: LDS, Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, etc. We need to focus on getting the Word of God out, and not condemning one another.

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2006 - 4:38am / Post ID: #

Christian Lds

QUOTE (Babyblues)
I did have a problem with somebody trying to tell me that the only way I would get to Heaven was accept Joseph Smith as my savior, but I have only ever met one Morman who had that opinion.

BabyBlues, whomever asked you to accept Joseph Smith as a savior needs to have a very cold shower and their membership checked as we do not worship or see Joseph Smith as a savior. There is one Savior only --> Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith is just a prophet like Moses, or Samuel, John, etc.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2006 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

Lds Or Christian?
A Friend

Lds Or Christian? Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (sanctificatn @ 4-Mar 04, 1:52 AM)
All I want is for the LDS to know that they thus far have not experienced God's peace. I know that being LDS has brought some peace, but it is not what God had in mind for you. I don't blame you for being LDS--I know that you are because it is an honest reaction to the truth presented to you. But it is time to move on with your relationship with God. To greater things, to a fullness of His love.

Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord can be exaulted and made perfect in His sight, simply through their faith. That is the good news I would like to share.

Thank you for showing us that you do not understand the LDS faith at all. We do trust in Jesus and Jesus alone for our entrance to the Father.

I think I might differ a little in that some think that Jesus merely makes up the difference. I see Jesus as fully sufficient and that we could do nothing to merit even a little of what He offers us.

My personal take on the scripture

It is through grace you are saved, after all you can do

is this.

After all is said and done. After we have done everything in our power. After we have done all the works required of us, it is still merely grace that saves us.

But what are the works required of us?

They are simple...

To have faith in Jesus' atoning sacrifice.

To repent of our sins.

To be baptized in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

To endure to the end.

What in that list is any different then any other Christian denomination?

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2006 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Lds Or Christian?
A Friend

Page 5 Christian Lds

OK, I am really confused now. I have believed LDS members to be christian for a long time. And after over a year here, I had believed that most LDS members consider themselves christians as well. But recently, I came across a group of LDS people and found that they did not consider themselves christians at all.

These people in fact viewed todays christians as lost and away from the true gospel and thus did not want to be associated with them. They grouped three sections, Catholics, Christians (protestants) and Mormons (themselves). They told me that they prefer to be called Mormons because they follow the true gospel that that was revealed to Joseph Smith and translated into the Book of Mormon.

So what is the deal, why do some insist on being called Mormons, while others hold to be christians? I am not sure, but the may have been RLDS. To be sure, I don't know the difference and intend on starting a thread regarding it.

24th Mar, 2006 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Christian Lds

Konquererz, off shoot branches that are not affiliated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints often do refer to themselves as 'Mormons', but they are not the same as the body we are discussing in this Thread. I do consider myself a Christian which by definition encompasses this meaning: 'A follower of Christ'. Christ is my Lord and Savior and only through Him can I hope for Salvation.

Offtopic but,
Look for a Thread about the 'Community of Christ', this is their official name now, it is no longer RLDS, but there are other groups of which I will not get into here.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Lds Or Christian?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,