Define 'rich'

Define ' Rich' - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Feb, 2004 - 12:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2004 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Define 'rich'

Define Rich

How can we define being rich in terms of material wealth? When can a person be considered 'rich'? Is it when their income far exceeds their debts, if so then by how much do they have to exceed? You may say that a person needs to be living in Beverly Hills to be rich, but not necessarily so since there are very wealthy people who have millions in the bank but live extremely simple lives. In fact you would not even know they had that much money without asking.

Sponsored Links:
17th Feb, 2004 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

rich Define

Since we are speaking only in terms of financially being rich I say a person is rich or wealthy when they can afford to buy whatever they want without worrying about how they will pay for it. This definition means some need more than others to be rich since some want more expensive things than others. I mean you always can afford whatever you see in a store that you decide you want. You never have to stop and ask yourself if you can really afford to buy it.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

17th Feb, 2004 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Define 'rich' History & Civil Business Politics

So then we are saying that 'rich' has to do with what you want to buy and if you can buy it? That would mean that what is 'rich' for one person may not be 'rich' for the next?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

18th Feb, 2004 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

rich Define

That is exactly what I am saying. I think rich is a term that is defined by the situation. For example, living in Trinidad, I would probably be rich with less US dollars than living in New York City, based upon cost of living alone.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

18th Feb, 2004 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

rich Define

Then we have to entertain the thought that the word 'rich' cannot really be defined since it can mean so many things to so many people?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Feb, 2004 - 6:19am / Post ID: #

Define 'rich'

You also have to account for inflation smile.gif -- having a million $dollars used to be considered "rich," but these days that's not so much. A lot of people have a million dollars, it's much more common than it used to be. And it no longer buys a lifetime of luxury.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Feb, 2004 - 10:36am / Post ID: #

Define 'rich'

Okay, so we are including 'time' as a factor in the sum... let us come up with a definition of being rich then...

20th Feb, 2004 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

Define 'rich' Politics Business Civil & History

Well, I agree with Tena, some people may be consider 'rich' in a country that is extremely poor but if they go to a country that is extremely rich then they would be consider like normal citizens. Whether a person is rich or not is based on somebody's else situation, opinion and circumnstances.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Define 'rich'

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,