Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

Post Date: 31st May, 2011 - 7:24am / Post ID: #

Board Games Sometimes Suck

Board Game Related

Name: Grace

Comments: Ever get the feeling that when someone wants to open up a board game its because everything around you sucks bad and you don't know what to do with yourself?

Sponsored Links:
1st Jun, 2011 - 9:04am / Post ID: #

Suck Games Board

This topic is strangely worded, but if I understand it... Even if this is correct, that people are playing a board game because they don't know what else to do... So? Why is that bad? Isn't it better to be social, to do some good old-fashioned sitting around the table, chatting, laughing, a little friendly competition, as opposed to plastered around all over all the furniture, eyes locked on the TV, playing whatever the newest video game console is?

A lot of people nowadays, like it or not, have a lot of trouble just socializing, making small talk, just sitting down and chatting to other people, with no other activities going on. Board games help - they're icebreakers, they're an excuse, a focus, to detract and avert anxiety and responsibility.

12th Jun, 2011 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Board Games Sometimes Suck Reviews RPG & Card Board

I'll put a little twist to how it really is... Most times its not the board game that sucks but the people you have to play with being 'sucky' about it.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2011 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Suck Games Board

Once a month, my wife and I host a board game party. Everybody brings drinks and snacks and we haul out our massive pile of board games then depending on how many people have showed we either all play one game together or split up into two or more groups. Rather than this being a case of we don't have anything better to do, we have found it to be a great time of fun and fellowship. Its very popular with all of our friends. We're always on the look out for new odd games.

8th Jul, 2011 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Suck Games Board

That's terrific, and has to be rare in this day and time. Board game parties and get-togethers are probably unheard of, but that is really neat, and I applaud people that do them. While I'm not very social myself, and don't know if I could bring myself to go to any without knowing most of the people there (and going at all if it is a lot of people), I appreciate the direct social entertainment "throwback" that activities like this represent. Don't get me wrong, I love computer stuff, and though I'm not really into them, video game parties, like the dancing games that are really popular now, are great to also let people socialize, but board and roleplaying games for get-togethers really help people relate to and get to know each other on a deeper level, even if it is only for a brief period of time, each "party".

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2011 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

You know I tend to be kind of reclusive. I really enjoy my books so I can understand what you're saying about yourself. I found that once we started doing this though I was having a lot of fun. It started by the fact that my wife's younger sister was staying with us and she asked if she could have some of her friends over for a get together and it grew from there. Now it is a tradition for us.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Jul, 2011 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Board Games Suck

Ealdstan you must have some special friends. Out of curiosity what kind of board games are we talking about and how many people?

> TOPIC: Board Games Sometimes Suck

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,