La Pastora Government Primary School

La Pastora Government Primary School - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 7th Jul, 2011 - 1:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2011 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

What are your thoughts about the recent news highlight of La Pastora Government Primary School with regards to school bullying.

Sponsored Links:
10th Jun, 2011 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

School Primary Government Pastora La

A shame, that's what I think! The principal didn't even have the face to talk to the Media? What is she afraid of? I hope the Ministry of Education fully investigates the incident and removes the Principal IF she/he failed to perform his/her job appropriately.

10th Jun, 2011 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

La Pastora Government Primary School Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

The Principal was angry at the mother because she called the police? And what exactly the Principal was expecting the mother to do, to wait for her (the principal) to do something about it? (which she didn't do). If the Principal has any dignity left and face, she should resign.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2011 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

Name: Unbiased

Title: Community Activist

Comments: There are always three truths to a story. The both parties sides and the the real truth. The respondents to this topic must have missed the article when it was highlighted on the news.

The parent said that there was an incident concerning bullying of her son. She also indicated that she was being victimized because she had registered her 5 year old and the child was not accepted. Due to this, she said that she would have to keep the child in the Pre school for another year so that the child would get through to come to the La Pastora Gov't School next year.

Facts, there is a school, Santa Cruz R.C. Which is located much closer to the parents' home but the parent insisted that she does not want the child to go there, she wants the child to attend the La Pastora Gov't School. Doesn't this sound fishy? Why would she be so adamant to have another child go to the same school where her other child is being bullied?
Fact again, the respondents of this topic stated that the Principal did not respond in the media about this situation. It is the Ministry policy that no one in the teaching service should speak to the media hence the reason they have a Public Relations Unit. I must add that the media is aware of this and as such, they should have contacted that department and not say that the principal told the security to say she was in a meeting. That was TV 6 method to sensationalize the matter. Had they done as they were supposed to, they would have been told the truth about the incident. It was a bias report that was made.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2011 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Name: Joan

Comments: This story just does not add up ! Why would I want my five year old baby to a school where children are being bullied? Additionally the Principal was in his right not to talk to the Media He is bound by the Teaching Service Regulation not to speak to the Media.

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2011 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Name: Wolfman

Comments: Concerning the school incident with the media and the boy being bullied at La. Pastora Government Primary school.The very first instant of the incident was handled by a teacher and the principal, also another person who witness the incident saw that was just boys having a little wild play and one complained. It was settled there and then as the boy's father came in and realized the boy took the story a bit further and after questioning by his father he found the boy to making up a story and dropped it. [Sources?]

[edit]Persephone: User, you cannot Post content here based on hearsay, and opinion. You must provide sources for your accusations.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jul, 2011 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

I find these replies very interesting and I'm guessing they're probably coming from school staff. I don't believe for a second that a mother will make up a story for no reason...there is more to this story BUT I don't think we will get a fair reply from the principal.

> TOPIC: La Pastora Government Primary School

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,