Disney: Going Down The Drain?

Disney Drain - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 29th Jun, 2006 - 8:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 26th Feb, 2004 - 7:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I used to adore Disney, I never missed a movie, I had all their merchandise and video tapes, I knew all their songs by heart.

I don't even feel the urge to watch em anymore. They don't seem to weave great songs into their stories anymore. They seem to be moving away from princesses and happily ever afters. Its all fun and adventure now...but I miss the Disney romance.

What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
17th Apr, 2004 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Drain The Going Disney

Disney movies are fun, especially the older ones, but somewhere in the 90s they began to show the same stuff that you would expect from 'regular' television and movies and so the 'family essence' was lost. I notice a lot of concentration on the woman being seductive in their cartoons which does not seem like something you would want to promote for kids.

17th Apr, 2004 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Disney: Going Down The Drain? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Disney have changed a lot from the oldies. I don't think is a problem with budget but a lack of imagination and creativity. I miss the nice songs and yes like Xtra said, I miss the romance too. It was cute and innocent.

3rd Nov, 2004 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Drain The Going Disney

QUOTE (xtrasweetgirl @ 26-Feb 04, 2:29 AM)
I used to adore Disney, I never missed a movie, I had all their merchandise and video tapes, I knew all their songs by heart.

I don't even feel the urge to watch em anymore. They don't seem to weave great songs into their stories anymore. They seem to be moving away from princesses and happily ever afters. Its all fun and adventure now...but I miss the Disney romance.

What are your thoughts?

Agree. Maybe it has to do with Walt dying?

With all those sequels nowadays, it's not as fun anymore sad.gif Here's the problem with sequels (most sequels anyways.) To preserve the success they try replicating the first one exactly. And that's bad. It's boring. Seeing the same characters, the same kinda plot. It's boring. That's why I think sequels should not have all the characters from the original, or if they do - create new ones.

sequels created just for sequality's sake will never be good ones. Nor will movies created just to make money. They need creativity and soul, both not present in these cases.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2006 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Drain The Going Disney

DISNEY PLANS FREE ONLINE RELEASE

NEW YORK: The Walt Disney Company plans to make TV programmes such as Desperate Houswives and Lost available for free over the internet in an attempt to bring in new advertising revenues, the Wall Street Journal said.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3634070a28~,00.html

12th Apr, 2006 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Well that's interesting. Too bad I have no desire to watch Desperate Housewives or Lost. But if they start putting some good shows on, then I could see this being very good for them, because people won't have to watch the show at the particular time it comes on TV, they will likely be able to download it from the internet whenever they want. Granted, with Dish you can record shows and watch them later, but this way you wouldn't even have to worry about recording them. Very handy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Jun, 2006 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Disney Going The Drain

Not only are Disney movies going down the drain, Disney channel itself is too (in my opinion). It seems like all of their TV movies have the same plot. I wouldn't mind this because I could just not watch it, but this channel is almost the only channel the kids I baby-sit for watch. Also, I can't watch Disney channel for more than five minutes without wanting to throw the remote at the TV not only because the shows have absolutely nothing to them, they are basically fluff, but there are commercials it seems like every other minute! Not even normal commercials, shameless self promoting commercials about what show is coming on next or what new movie is premiering next week.

29th Jun, 2006 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Disney Going The Drain Movies Music Fashion & Sports

The disney movies are nothing remotely like they used to be, nowadays, they seem to always include some hint to buying the matching merchandise, and nothing to do with the friendly, harmless image that they used to hold.

It annoys me to no end that they keep upgrading and 'improving' (in their opinion) the old classics, to my mind it's just another cheap ploy to get more money off our kids-- not nice at all.

Reconcile Edited: DianeC on 29th Jun, 2006 - 8:32pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Disney: Going Down The Drain?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,