Strategy Board Game To Build Armies

Strategy Board Game Build Armies - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 6th Jul, 2011 - 2:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2011 - 7:24am / Post ID: #

Board Game Related

Name: Joyce

Comments: Looking for a good strategy board game where you can build armies but not RISK, we have that already. I need this for my son, he is 12 and likes to build armies and fight against other players.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2011 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Armies Build Game Board Strategy

A friend of mine had a game called Samurai Swords. It was set in medieval Japan. It was similar to risk but had some interesting differences. Each turn based on how many territories you held you received a certain number of tokens. With those tokens you could buy armies, hire mercenaries (these cost more but were more effective than regular troops), hire an assassin, or build fortifications. Another difference from risk was that troops could only move out of a territory if they were part of a leaders army so if there was no leader present in the territory then the garrison had to stay in that territory. This was over ten years ago so I don't know if that game is even published anymore.

Avalon Hill publishes a number of military strategy games, so you might like to check them out if you haven't already.

6th Jul, 2011 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Strategy Board Game To Build Armies Reviews RPG & Card Board

If you can still get a hold of Axis & Allies he will love that. Its a big box of fighting pieces from World War 2. But they also have a series for other historic events like the Pacific and Rome.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2011 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Armies Build Game Board Strategy

I just checked and Samurai Swords is no longer being published but you can still get a copy on Amazon or ebay if you are interested.

> TOPIC: Strategy Board Game To Build Armies

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,