Are Mormons A Cult? - Page 2 of 2

When I looked up the definition of the word, - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Jan, 2013 - 11:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
LDS Cult
Post Date: 8th May, 2012 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

Are Mormons A Cult? - Page 2

Name: James

Comments: Mormons try their best to show the basic beliefs but its only when you become a member in long standing and by that I mean you go to the temple and stuff do you begin to see the hard core beliefs of Mormonism you aren't told about at baptism. For instance no Mormon missionary will tell anyone about their history of polygamous relationships, their denial to African Americans of their priesthood, people living on the moon and other such eye openers that makes you realize that they are very cultist in their behavior if not in actuality.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th May, 2012 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Are Mormons A Cult?
A Friend

Cult Mormons Are

James

I guess you have you mind set, at least it appears like that from here.

A Cult, everything is about reality or good or bad. To a primitive native, a modern plane or etc would be a miracle from the Gods. I personally don't try to set limits on things, when confronted with something I don't understand, I just file it way, until I find other info and evidence; eventually small pieces of puzzle over time slow come together, yes or no.

I have not always been Mormon, joined with I was in my late 20s; gee, I guess that was 39 years ago. Have never felt deceived, with the Holy Ghost as my guide, anything I don't understand, just put on a self, until I do. I never felt any hidden things or agendas. But then too, I see and understand more then the average Mormon. That just means I have more responsibility to share and help the rest of them, we are servants, not masters.

I was aware of some not being allowed to hold back then, the Priesthood, as well about polygamy. Have not settled in my mind about people on the moon, maybe yes, maybe know. Mormons are not the only ones who have doctrine about people on the moon and all spheres in space, to be exact. There is a large mass of people who believe in the Hallow Earth and Plant idea,that are not Mormon, and the basis of their whole premise, did not come from Mormonism.

I find one can always find things to pic at, in things one does not accept, I would prefer though to see things in life, as a glass half full, not half empty. I would rather see the good in others, and pray for those I see in pain as I take this life journey. I would rather be a builder, not a destructor.

I find that when we set limits on our thoughts and understanding, we put color glasses on, which then color everything we look at, to help make our reality come true.

Post Date: 20th May, 2012 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Are Mormons A Cult? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Josie

Comments: Most belief systems are cults because they have some kid of secret part to them. The Catholics have big undeerground vaults and various branches for rituals. The Muslims have their Haaj and other interesting 'traditions'. The Mormons have their temple stuff and of course like the others...a history that is questionable. So you see asking if Mormons are a cult is like asking if Mormonism is a religion, its just known.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2012 - 9:24am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Cult Mormons Are

Mormons Have Irrational Beliefs? Who Doesn't?

Commentators on both the right and left and both secular and religious note with disdain that Mormons (Latter Day Saints, as Mormons refer to themselves) have irrational practices and beliefs. The former, we are told, includes the wearing of sacred undergarments and the latter includes posthumous baptisms and the claims by the prophet of Mormonism to have found and deciphered engraved golden plates in New York State. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 24th Oct, 2012 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cult Mormons Are

Media & Mormon Cult

Twenty-one percent of the articles in my little study used the term cult - one-third more than articles that referenced Joseph Smith, the founding prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (This proportion is little changed from the proportion of this term in the campaign four years ago.) Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2013 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

Are Mormons A Cult?
A Friend

Are Mormons A Cult?

When I looked up the definition of the word, "Cult," online, I found that the first two definitions of the word were as follows:

international QUOTE
1: formal religious veneration : worship
2: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents " --Merriam Webster

According to these definitions, every religion would be considered a cult. It's just that the born-agains don't realize that when they are pointing the finger of accusation at us, there are three other fingers pointing back at themselves.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Quote Tags as instructed here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. The Source of your Quote should also be provided. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Are Mormons A Cult?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,